Page 110 of 110 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110
Results 1,636 to 1,644 of 1644

Thread: Cooking tips and wonderful flavour combinations

Quote Originally Posted by craner View Post
    Does anybody know if it is still possible to buy Buitoni long spaghetti anywhere in the UK?
    does this belong in the "middle-class self loathing" thread?

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Leo For This Useful Post:

Lol at craner thinking Nestlé pasta is sophisticated

I heartily recommend De Cecco. I've become someone who looks at pasta brands recently. My life went wrong somewhere.

On the recipe front, southern Iranian cooking with tamarind, fenugreek, coriander leaf and lots of chili is something I've 'got into' recently. If anyone ever has cause to go to west London, Sufi restaurant near Shepherd's Bush is exceptionally good.

has anyone tried making a spagetti sauce out of tinned tomatos?

Is that a trick question?
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

dude at my kid's bus stop was saying how good reese's peanut butter cups are with mayonnaise

Quote Originally Posted by empty mirror View Post
    dude at my kid's bus stop was saying how good reese's peanut butter cups are with mayonnaise
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

OK, so to make a change from all this heavy politics bollocks, here's my recipe for beef'n'bacon burgers. Although I say it myself, they are the fucking BOMB.

1) Ingredients: easily scalable to any quantity, but for six roughly quarter-pounders, say 400 g of good minced beef, 200 g of smoked streaky bacon, one big onion, an egg for binding, several garlic cloves. For further flavouring, add some chopped herbs, ideally fresh but dried is fine too (basil, oregano and thyme are ideal; we had some coriander lying around so that went in, which is a bit unusual but actually worked pretty well); finely chopped chili or chili flakes; paprika; black pepper; a good dessert spoon of Marmite for bonus meatiness.

IMG_20170527_204942.jpg

Cut the bacon into roughly 1 cm pieces, chop the onion until you're bored of it or can't see any more (the finer the better, really) and crush/chop/mince the garlic. Then just sort of smoosh it all together until thoroughly mixed.

IMG_20170527_210331.jpg

Form into six or so burger and sprinkle well with flour, which helps them maintain integrity during cooking. I put a bit more flour on after taking the photo above. A dash of Worcestershire sauce is good at this point (don't drench them).

IMG_20170527_212409.jpg

Grill under a medium-high heat, turning every few minutes until they go a lovely golden brown, verging on being singed. The onion, egg and bacon mean you don't really want them rare in the middle.

IMG_20170527_212651.jpg

And here's a couple served with new spuds and slathered in Roquefort, because - by definition - you can't do excess by halves.

I slightly fucked up with the wine because the only bottle of red we had in the house (for shame!) was quite light and fruity, whereas what this really demands is a shiraz that's punchier than Muhammad Ali, especially if you're going to be barbecueing them. Lesson learned for next time!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr. Tea For This Useful Post:

Leo