Excellent words and phrases

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
Recently at work I have started to take great relish in spelling out a name or serial number on the phone using the "P for Peter, A for Apple" system.

This thread is providing me with an incredible arsenal.

Though I'm not sure anything said here yet will beat out hearing a bewildered tech support guy saying "Wooly Mammoth?" back at me, as if that doesn't start with W or something.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Recently at work I have started to take great relish in spelling out a name or serial number on the phone using the "P for Peter, A for Apple" system.

Though I'm not sure anything said here yet will beat out hearing a bewildered tech support guy saying "Wooly Mammoth?" back at me, as if that doesn't start with W or something.

You could really confuse people by saying things like "P for psoriasis", "M for mnemonic", "H for hors-d'oeuvre", "K for knurl" etc.

Slothrop

Tight but Polite
You could really confuse people by saying things like "P for psoriasis", "M for mnemonic", "H for hors-d'oeuvre", "K for knurl" etc.

With a P as in Philadelphia and without a P as in Venezuela.

Agree with Zhao on the subject of your mouth writing cheques your ass can't cash - I kind of end up using that phrase in situations where I shouldn't really because I like it so much.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
With a P as in Philadelphia and without a P as in Venezuela.

Agree with Zhao on the subject of your mouth writing cheques your ass can't cash - I kind of end up using that phrase in situations where I shouldn't really because I like it so much.

I like "...and not in a good way", especially when used inappropriately for humorous or provocative effect:

"I mean, she looked like a complete slag, and not in a good way."

"He's starting to sound a bit like Hitler, and not in a good way."

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos

This phrase has been ruined forever for me by a Limp Bizkit song.

zhao

there are no accidents
barbados

bukkake

agile

snufflufugus

sickboy stop listening to limp bizkit!!!

Last edited:

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
I always warp a Stella Street quote from Keef as he finally leaves Mick's corner store:

"It's been great, Mick. And by 'great', I do of course mean 'shit' "

nomadthethird

more issues than Time mag
You're not going to share your collection of hardcore bukkake vids?

I like a lot of words. Yiddish has some good ones, anything with obvious Greek roots is usually good. But mostly I like obvious, common words.

schlepp
brutal
alrightnik
mitzvah
missile
firm
astral
enclosure
neurosis
virulent
chromosome
florid
breed
exoteric
rile
thaw
hypergamy
idolatry
morphology
narcotic
fantasy
reverie
arduous
transfix
gravid
conjoined

zhao

there are no accidents
oh i threw that in there to be bad/funny. its a gnarly word. not particularly fond of it really...

how ever, i do enjoy cunninglingus.

petergunn

plywood violin

i once heard a friend of mine tell a telemarketer "P as in Penis, E as in Ewok..." and i can't remember the rest but it was good...

crackerjack

I like German words, especially the depressing ones.

weltschmerz is a beaut

geschlossen has a great sound to it too, although it just means closed, which is a little dull

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
i once heard a friend of mine tell a telemarketer "P as in Penis, E as in Ewok..." and i can't remember the rest but it was good...

You could probably do a Rorschach-type test on someone by asking them to spell words phoenetically like that, using whatever words came immediately to mind to stand for the letters. Might be interesting, anyway.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
I like German words, especially the depressing ones.

weltschmerz is a beaut

geschlossen has a great sound to it too, although it just means closed, which is a little dull

Absolutley - German is full of humdingers.

My favourite (aside from schadenfreude and uhrworm, naturally) is fleischwolf, which apaprently means a meat grinder, but in fact sounds unerringly like a thrash metal band.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
A great German phrase is Katzenjammer - literally meaning 'the yowling of tomcats', it's a sort of slang or figurative term for a really stinking hangover. Thanks, nonsense email spammers!

crackerjack

A great German phrase is Katzenjammer - literally meaning 'the yowling of tomcats', it's a sort of slang or figurative term for a really stinking hangover. Thanks, nonsense email spammers!

That reminds me of an old fave: Drakonfutter - small, wrapped presents men took out drinking with them to give to their wives when they got home stinking of beer. It means Dragon Food.