kids

empty mirror

remember the jackalope
Six six sixties...

... and to realize that they're not carbon genetic copies of you, who will fulfill every dream of yours that you couldn't, but that they're actually people with like their own thoughts and feelings and personalities. That's hard for some people.
^
enantiodromia.

i just picked up a woody guthrie cd of kids songs
apparently he wrote them for his little girl
she died in a fire a few years later (at four years old)
of course her death did not inform the songs he "wrote"* but it somehow retroactively gives the songs an almost plaintive air (that doesn't quite ring true, not really the right word, the songs are undeniably jubilant)

🤷

babble babble blah blah

there's another folkways childrens songs cd out there... i think there is a childrens music thread i should be posting this again (see "🤷" above)

* i am using quotes here because they feel like spontaneous, one take ditties, not something that he penned first, honed, rehearsed and did endless takes until he got it just so... indeed he mispeaks (mis-sings) a few times but i guess found no reason to go back and redo the song(s). really charming stuff.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Let's get real here: ALL people who play (or enjoy watching) golf should be shot, regardless of how nice they are or aren't.

I'd go with that. I mean, I think that's the only creed humanity really needs right now.

Golf is evil.

STN

sou'wester
Why? They're so open, you can't go and sniff glue in them, or whatever, without being detected. Explain yourself, please.

Actually, I always had you down as a closet golfer.

yes, but they are so large you can't be spotted from the road.

Otherwise, golf is awful.

martin

----
yes, but they are so large you can't be spotted from the road.

Yes, but you're more vulnerable to lightning. Aren't you? Even though you're not meant to stand under trees either. People are always getting zapped on golf courses.

D

droid

Why? They're so open, you can't go and sniff glue in them, or whatever, without being detected. Explain yourself, please.

Actually, I always had you down as a closet golfer.

Ouch. Closet golfing... great for putting, terrible for drives.

They're actually quite good for illegal activities, its a safe (and trippy) landscape you cant hurt yourself on, you can see people coming a mile off, plenty of room to scatter, loads of rough to hide in. One of my favourite activities as a youth involved wandering around golf courses listening to tunes and causing mischief in various states of altered consciousness.

We did have a great venue though - semi wild, isolated mountainous golf courses... check out the slideshow:

http://www.howthgolfclub.ie/course.php

If you ever come and visit I'll spike your drink and take you up there. :D

D

droid

Yes, but you're more vulnerable to lightning. Aren't you? Even though you're not meant to stand under trees either. People are always getting zapped on golf courses.

Mainly because they're holding metal poles up in the air at the time.

empty mirror

remember the jackalope
i've golfed once for work----lots of drinking involved, surprisingly. i had moments where the appeal was clear----when you make good contact w/ the ball with the driver and it just CRACKS! and sails off.

i will admit to watching golf on tv just the other day. very relaxing and almost zen. the lack of content is refreshing in terms of tv viewing.

also....

dorf

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
Golf? Do I have to remind you all of the words of the Almighty God Dawud Allah. Sheeeeeeeet....

Let me break it down like this :

Why Whites Play Golf

Golf spelled backwards spells flog which means beat or whip something. So pain was the Father's (founder) Dr Jacub or Jacob number one weapon...Listen a 12 stage program had to be set up which was a check up, once a month 12 times a year. The 12 stage program is also symbolic to the 12 tribes of Jacob or Yacub, the Father of the white race. It took 600 years to make Black people into white people. 12 x 600 = 7,200 check up in a 600 year period. The 7, 200 check ups represent the amount of strokes it takes to make par 72 strokes. Par meaning the number of strokes considered necessary to be an expert golf player. Most golf courses par is 72 in 18 holes of golf. Also their biggest tournament, they play 72 rounds of golf. 4 x 18 = 72. The grafting process or changing process that Dr Jacub set up lasted for 600 years. Each generation took 331/3 years in 18 different time periods in three 200 year cycles. The 18 holes of golf represent the 18 generations it took to make the devil...when you break down his golf course, it has 9 holes on the front side and 9 holes on the back side. See 9 is the number of completion. 9 also means to reveal the light of the white race history...

It goes on, and yes I did just transcribe that cos I couldn't find it on the net. Don't you people round here know NOTHIN? Don't play golf, man.

zhao

there are no accidents
is yours a picky eater or not?

this one here only eats pizza and pasta. almost entirely nothing else.

when we order a great big Vietnamese feast with curries and salads and spring rolls, etc., she doesn't touch any of it.

i gave up trying to get her to try anything the first week of living with her. it hardly ever even bothers me anymore... well a little sometimes, but it only means more of the good stuff for us.

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
is yours a picky eater or not?

this one here only eats pizza and pasta. almost entirely nothing else.

when we order a great big Vietnamese feast with curries and salads and spring rolls, etc., she doesn't touch any of it.

i gave up trying to get her to try anything the first week of living with her. it hardly ever even bothers me anymore... well a little sometimes, but it only means more of the good stuff for us.

Just don't give them pizza and pasta. If they're starving enough, they'll eat whatever they're given.

zhao

there are no accidents
i've been telling the mother that, she spoils her a bit though... her idea is that she will open up as time passes.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
i've been telling the mother that, she spoils her a bit though... her idea is that she will open up as time passes.

i'm sure she will - it's just that it will happen quicker if you use a bit of leverage. I never used to eat any Chinese food as a kid (don't ask me why - I only tried it when we went on holiday to San Francisco when I was 13ish), but if there had been nothing else available, you can bet that chow mein would've been finished in minutes!