Unfortunate names

jenks

thread death
The father of an old friend of mine emigrated to New Zealand from somewhere in E Europe. So they Anglicised their name - to Beaver

My sons went to nursery with someone called Harry Beaver

And a friend taught a child called Winky Pubian which is my all-time favourite name

And i taught a Challenge, who certainly was.

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
In one of my friend's uni department, they have a technician called Sandy Beaver. I thought that was quite impressive.

hucks

Your Message Here
My mate's family used to write down amusing names after they appeared on the news or whatever. He sent me the list. Here are a few.

MARVEL and BUNNY CRUMPACKER
GLADYS RAKSHIT
MAUD GENTLEMAN
GLADSTONE STIFF
RODNEY FREAKS
PEGGY PEACHY
REG RUFFLES
MOUSER BACKHOUSE
WALTER BEARBLOCK
Rev. AUGUSTUS TOPLADY
FAITH POPCORN
MORLENE RABBITS
OSWALDE FITZBURNELL-TRELLIS
EUPHEMIA STAMMER
GRISILDA CLOUTING
JEREMY KITKAT
IRIS LUMPKIN
PERCY PONDER
ORLANDO HORREX
QUEENIE PATERNOSTER
COSMOS CLARKE, C.B.E.

craner

Beast of Burden
What a beautiful list! I don't know if I prefer Gladys Rakshit or Walter Bearblock or Percy Ponder.

hucks

Your Message Here
What a beautiful list! I don't know if I prefer Gladys Rakshit or Walter Bearblock or Percy Ponder.

Some more

VIMPS FOUNTAIN
DONNA DUMBELL
TREVOR DAFT
IAN SNOWBALL
ZEUS WALLWORTH
TAFF GIRDLESTONE
CONCEPTA PALK
NIGEL VILE
KENNEDY CLINCH
LILY LOFTS
FELIX TWERASER
SUSAN SNIVELLY
SILAS HURRY
DAMIEN EGGS
MEDWIN CASPAR CLUTTERBUCK
KEVIN SQUELCH
BERESFORD CAPPS
HARROLD JARROLD

Beresford Capps is my favourite.

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
This made me recall the other week when a lady registered at my work with the surname Hugh-Cock.

With a name like that, you need to hope you only meet people with the most impeccable hearing.

bassnation

the abyss
In an inspired blend of this brilliant name and Calvin Whynot, I am legally going to change my name to Yeah Whynot.

i worked for a dutch bank where one of the directors was called burnt kok. there was also a worker in the thai office called suk yu lim.

vimothy

yurp
Randy Cheeks -- studying law and living in the same halls in first year, Randy is the child of Jamaican gangsters and is currently (AFAIK) languishing in prison after getting caught smuggling cocaine into the country.

Rambler

Awanturnik
A couple of favs from the music dictionary I edit:

Charles Quarles (18th-century organist)
Gobelinus Person (14th-century historian and theologian)