Fellow Drexciyans!

craner

Beast of Burden
I'm guessing he's talking about Gerald Donald's projects: Arpanet, Dopplereffekt, Glass Domain, Japanese Telecom, Der Zyklus, etc

Er, no, I wasn't. For some reason I thought Harnessed the Storm and Grava 4 were made by the other chap after Stinson died! What can I say? I don't follow these things very closely. I didn't like Grava 4 at all.

I really like that 'Elektronisches Zeitecho' track by Der Zyklus, but I had no idea it was the bloke from Drexciya. I'd like to hear more of that kind of thing. Any recommendations?

mms

sometimes
Er, no, I wasn't. For some reason I thought Harnessed the Storm and Grava 4 were made by the other chap after Stinson died! What can I say? I don't follow these things very closely. I didn't like Grava 4 at all.

I really like that 'Elektronisches Zeitecho' track by Der Zyklus, but I had no idea it was the bloke from Drexciya. I'd like to hear more of that kind of thing. Any recommendations?

yep those der zyklus tracks are gorgeous. he pretty much disowned drums after that, abstract thought was both of them and very good, they did an album called hypothetical situations

Immryr

i reckon you should have a listen to the mix i posted yesterday in the mixes forum! :p

i always think of stuff like der zyklus and arpanet as drexciya in outer space rather than under water.

Dusty

Tone deaf
Hypothetical Situations is by far my least favourite Drexciyan release, a massive dissapointment as well since it was the hardest one for me to track down on CD and the last one I got.

The Quest goes for silly money now, I remember thinking £20 was a lot for it when I found it. All of the newer albums can be picked up pretty cheaply though.

mms

sometimes
yeah apparently ur destroyed the metalwork for the eps and said they wouldn't rerelease the quest as a mark of respect, not much of a mark of respect for his wife and kids that though, sure they could do with the royalties.

straight

wings cru
holy fuck i had no idea this shit was so valuable! over 100 quid just for the cd of the quest, i got mine in the vinyl exchange for 6, wish i hadnt lost the booklet now. im sure i have the vinyl in ireland as well

subvert47

I don't fight, I run away
holy fuck i had no idea this shit was so valuable! over 100 quid just for the cd of the quest, i got mine in the vinyl exchange for 6, wish i hadnt lost the booklet now. im sure i have the vinyl in ireland as well

it's worth a bit, maybe £40 on EBay
but not £100+
the high priced copies just sit there unsold

moolac

ah shit, missed this thread somehow. its probably a good thing

in my top 3 artists of all time. not decided who the other 2 are yet, but drexciya will be in there for sure. think i own all of their records and side projects minus grava 4, SID release and clarence g.

i think glass domain was just gerald donald by the way. (i got my original clear copy for a tenner in about 2001, then clone repressed it. pleased hmm)

similarly the clarence g ep was the first stinson solo record i think. i dont know anyone who has it or has seen it. it has rapping on one track clarence g's club, i think it might be rob hood but im not sure.

i think the LAM record was indeed the first release together. its really tough but fucking amazing. i remember there was a good review in vice (of all places) when it got repressed by clone, going on about how "you just dont get tracks called nuclear facelift anymore". i thought it was pretty spot on.

the other people place was apparently stinson and sherard ingram (aka urban tribe aka dj stingray). love that album too.

i also think the ultradyne e coli record on warp was co-produced by stinson... it sounds exactly like him and all the other ultradyne records are much less musical than it and sound pretty different. the SID track 'dr blowfins experiment' is apparently an ultradyne track but its named as drexciya, my theory is that maybe it was made the same time as e-coli ep.

elecktroids was same lineup as drexciya i think. the bonus track on the cd is a drexciya track so it makes sense.

sounds of the universe gave me a copy of the quest double cd cause they couldn't find the box for it about 9 months ago. chuffed but it doesn't feature some of the amazing b sides which id love to have as quality digital copies.

im gonna have to stop writing about drexciya and go to bed...

this is one of my favourite b sidey tunes and the artwork is amazing.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

mms

sometimes
i've seen and heard clarence g.

it's got a track on it that is the countdown has begun rapped over.

We are on teevee.
i like that one alot

Grievous Angel

Beast of Burden
this is one of my favourite b sidey tunes and the artwork is amazing.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Sorry, that record is shit.