Fun Facts about Primates

nomadthethird

more issues than Time mag
Enough with the stalking me on every thread and ruining any conversation by trying to turn it back into a conversation about this.

I have no idea what you're talking about with biologist comments, I don't remember this conversation, but I don't care either, because I'm done.

In fact, I'm done with Dissensus.

People here argue things on the level of 15 year olds. If someone isn't an essentialist? Stalk them in every thread and try as hard as you can to provoke some sort of argument about the same "scientific" subject, over, and over, and over. If someone has a technical point, or different taste than you, it's because you are infinitely more creative, and better, and more engaged, and they are a "twat" blah blah blah.

It's all the same, and it's boring.

Ciao tutti kids.

zhao

there are no accidents
I have no idea what you're talking about with biologist comments, I don't remember this conversation,

The biologist Lynn Margulis, famous for her work on endosymbiosis, contends that symbiosis is a major driving force behind evolution. She considers Darwin's notion of evolution, driven by competition, as incomplete and claims that evolution is strongly based on co-operation, interaction, and mutual dependence among organisms. According to Margulis and Dorion Sagan, "Life did not take over the globe by combat, but by networking."

that was only 2 pages ago. your talent for selective vision just gets better and better.

i have been always civil when faced with your endless unfounded attacks.

should be clear to all who is the child here.

i welcomed you back last time, but this time can't say i'm all that sorry to see you go.

Last edited:

zhao

there are no accidents
10. never concede, never apologize, repeat steps 1, 2, 5 and 6
11. if all of that doesn't work, walk away from the discussion without ever looking back.

the last 2 items on the list proven without error.

instead of just admitting that you were wrong about a lot of things, and conceding that there are other valid points of view, you throw a giant tantrum like a wittle cry baby and fuck right off.

do hope you grow up one day. until then, good riddance!

mms

sometimes
the last 2 items on the list proven without error.

instead of just admitting that you were wrong about a lot of things, and conceding that there are other valid points of view, you throw a giant tantrum like a wittle cry baby and fuck right off.

do hope you grow up one day. until then, good riddance!

that's enough now zhao.

STN

sou'wester
So if you did HAVE to marry someone off dissensus, who would it be? Paul Meme is tall blond and comely, but I believe he's taken...

zhao

there are no accidents
HMLT... so passionate.

<3 <3 <3

hahaha :D

that's a hard one. tox always seemed like she'd be really cute and fun. but i'd probably go with either Sufi or Red Crescent.

on second thought, definitely one of those 2.

sus

really good book by Robert Eisler called "Man Into Wolf: The Origins of Sado-Masochism" where he argues that humans started as peaceful tree-dwelling apes, but then we started mimicking predatory animals like wolves (the origin of the werewolf myths, and the reason for their resurrection in Nazi imagery). So the humans who were able to imitate carnivores (the original humans were vegetarian) survived, and killed off the ones who couldn't adapt. If this theory is right my guess is that the Neanderthals were exterminated in what you might call an early version of an ethnic cleansing raid, something along those lines.

Lynn Margulis has written some fantastic books about biology and cosmology. Also if you like her work you should read some Stuart Kauffman, a really nice guy who runs the Santa Fe Institute where I used to go occasionally. I added Lynne on FB a few weeks ago incidentally.
Did you keep following these paths, the past 1.5 decades? Any recommendations where to go next?