Tim Westwood

Noah Baby Food

No way man, the explosions are mint. Ain't listened for a while, but does he say "baby boy" all the time still? I'm LURRIN' dat...

fairly unrelated(ish): he used to cane that "Left Right Left" tune by Drama. anyone remember that? heavy Dirty South soldier shit. ace.

bo!ne

hi paul. also - when we met him about doing something for LMHR we gave him a few options (easy ones like Uni gigs in london etc included) and he was very keen to go up to Burnley.

still aint a big fan of his show tho :)

CrowleyHead

I'm going to be ugly and unnuanced here but since most of the RINSE employees have left this board a long time ago anyway and won't cry...

So like, 4-5 years ago when Rinse hadn't yet gone legit and they were still in that in between phase, they had that hack DJ Alexander Nut doing his thing. I don't know, clearly the world needed the poor man's Benji B to help keep that one two hour shift running and its not like people flirting with post-Flying Lotus or Madlib/Dilla music wasn't occurring at other points on Rinse so why not get a guy who has that as a specialty. Except he kept talking about how he used to listen to Flex live-mixes to learn how to DJ for years... Flex is a notoriously BAD DJ, live or otherwise. I love him as a totem of NYC but in the regard to his actual technique or whatever, he's incredibly amateurish at his job. Westwood is MILES beyond him at mixing. And its not like there's an argument to be made that "Oh Westwood might be more proficient but does he have the feel/soul..." Westwood is fine, Funk Flex just fucking sucks. So the fact that there was a guy who said I learned to DJ from studying a notoriously inept DJ do his job badly is funny to me.

But we all know why Westwood comes off as a clown to people and some of that's valid and some of it is 'the lady doth protest' or w/e.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Coincidentally I discovered this blog today (no doubt familiar to some of you) which is an absolute goldmine for old Westwood shows (and various radio shows from the 90s/early 00s) http://djstepone.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1

Just wish I had kept my own casettes of Radio 1 rap shows from 1997/8. The NORE, Pun, DMX, Cameron, Canibus, No Limit and Eminem era.