NASTY Crew vs. Roll Deep

luka

Roll Deep were never a proper crew. Dizzee was better mates with nasty than with roll deep and his appearances on their show are better than his rinse appearances
Pay as u go were a proper crew and all appeared together regularly. Roll deep, not really

luka

And who in roll deep was on nastys level anyway? Dizzee who left sharpish, wiley and who else? Tower Hamlets had great producers wiley target Danny weed tip c was doing tunes for them, but they couldn't put a team if mcs together like newham did
Dee, Sharky, Stormin, armour, hyper, ghetto, kano all together at one point that's outrageous

luka

And they all turned up, every week. I got loads of nasty tapes.I cherish but not one roll deep set I can think of

CrowleyHead

Arguably Jammer was NASTY's best strength but their biggest weakness because he slowed down the production of songs and he was and still is so greedy that anyone under him in any way gets hemmed up and slowed down.

You don't think Riko's better than Armour though?

benjybars

village elder.
just to be clear, i'm not claiming Roll Deep were better than NASTY, just contending the claim that they were shit on radio..

anyway those days seem like such a long time ago now.. in fact i suppose one of looking at it is that those days are as far back from now as jungle was at the time of grime on pirate radio.. if that makes sense?!

Pandiculate

just to be clear, i'm not claiming Roll Deep were better than NASTY, just contending the claim that they were shit on radio..

anyway those days seem like such a long time ago now.. in fact i suppose one of looking at it is that those days are as far back from now as jungle was at the time of grime on pirate radio.. if that makes sense?!

well isn't that fucking depressing, I've got a few younger friends who don't really know much about radio times. You made me realize it's just not part of their lives. To them grime started with mixtapes.

Last edited:

rubberdingyrapids

random grime reminisce. I had this on some nasty crew radio cd i bought. more than any song he made, this is the exact verse that made me think kano would be unstoppable. i still dont think hes esp amazing at songwriting, but hes had some good moments. but this, was fucking ridiculous.

and its less than a minute. shame slackk didnt do one of his radio rip comps for kano. it might have been his best album. i might do one.