Natasha Richardson RIP

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Obviously a huge tragedy for everyone who knew her. But why is this hogging the front pages of the newspapers? It's fucked up (which is absolutely no comment upon Natasha Richardson), and does no-one any favours. Leave the family alone, get it off the front page, and get back to reporting actual news.

josef k.

Dangerous Mystagogue
I saw her picture on the front of the Guardian website. An attractive woman, with a pretty smile, is dead. I wasn't sure what I was supposed to think about this, or why it was felt that I should be informed, or what I did in fact think. Looking at her picture, it seemed for a moment or two as if I did know her, and I felt a strange sense of loss, which I distrusted. I felt sad, I guess, and confused, and meditated on death for a moment or two.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
I don't see what the point of the obituaries pretending she is ultra-significant as an actress, actually are. She wasn't. Ultimately, she had a famous family and an even more famous Mum.

And skiing is fucking dangerous. Maybe someone should point this out, and some good can come of the whole thing.

mms

sometimes
no ones mentioned jade goody, surely that is much more nustso, ok mag already have a commemorative issue on her out!

crackerjack

I saw her picture on the front of the Guardian website. An attractive woman, with a pretty smile, is dead. I wasn't sure what I was supposed to think about this, or why it was felt that I should be informed, or what I did in fact think. Looking at her picture, it seemed for a moment or two as if I did know her, and I felt a strange sense of loss, which I distrusted. I felt sad, I guess, and confused, and meditated on death for a moment or two.

You are Paul Morley, aren't you?

crackerjack

And skiing is fucking dangerous. Maybe someone should point this out, and some good can come of the whole thing.

I read she was on the nursery slopes. Ordinarily this is about as dangerous as walking along a coastal road on a slightly breeze day. Obviously not this time though.

edit:
The Mail's crack reporters have got to the (cough) bottom of it. From Popbitch

The Daily Mail website had an interesting
take on Natasha Richardson's accident:

"Natasha struck down by the eternal curse of
the Redgraves. Scandal and illness have
plagued the family since Sir Michael was
revealed to be bisexual."

Last edited:

polystyle

Can imagine the UK press overdoing it and all - that prolly can't be helped
but we were having a 'moment' over here ...

Yes, she fell one last time on a beginner's slope in Canada,
cracked her head and went into coma, calls went up about helmets for skiers.
The ski slope spokesperson said it wasn't much of a fall, like everyone has when they start skiing.
I was thinking about those seconds between when she began to fall and when her head hit the hard snow or ice .

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Can imagine the UK press overdoing it and all - that prolly can't be helped
but we were having a 'moment' over here ...

Yes, she fell one last time on a beginner's slope in Canada,
cracked her head and went into coma, calls went up about helmets for skiers.
The ski slope spokesperson said it wasn't much of a fall, like everyone has when they start skiing.
I was thinking about those seconds between when she began to fall and when her head hit the hard snow or ice .

I guess it just reaffirms ALWAYS to get head injuries checked out, however minor they may seem. That's the lesson here, kids.

The coverage on Jade Goody's death is just mad. We are living in some kind of parallel future.