Wordpress/CSS design services

stelfox

Beast of Burden
Hi all, coming out of exile for a few minutes to ask if anyone here happens to be competent or, better yet expert, at Wordpress or CSS design, or knows someone who is. I'm trying to put a website together at the moment using Wordpress. It's almost there, but I need some customisation doing and this is quite a bit beyond me. Basically, the best way to explain it is to give a link to the site so you can see it and then outline what I want to do with it. Needless to say, I will pay for the time of anyone who can help me get this right. The site is here.

1) As you can see, there's a nice little slideshow on the entry page - that I want to stay as is.
2) Then there's an ABOUT page. This is where the problems start. It has horrible side boxes, which I want to get rid of but can't. It is driving me nuts.
Once they're gone, I'd like the margins of the page to be about 3 inches further in on both sides and for the text to be centre justified. I'd also like the ABOUT tab/or the page itself to have an email form - you know the sort... they type in their message, it gets routed to me and my email address isn't all over the internet... - if possible.
3) The Gallery page is actually just a photoblog with categories down the side. I want to reorganise this eventually and rename it PHOTOBLOG, but for now when you get into the categories and the long runs of images, all I want doing with this is a little more space between each image. Possibly just a centimetre or so.
4) I want to add another parent page which will actually be a proper GALLERY. I really like this way of doing it, Main picture, scrolling thumbnails (preferably underneath) and a drop-down list of stories, with scope to add caption info to the pictures. However, i'd like the option of linking through to longer pieces of text about each story. This could work as a popup window or something similar. I just want people to be able to get at it easily, for the option to be there and very visible but not to have a ton of text obscuring the pictures on entry.
5) I also want to add a WORDS page, which I may or may not choose to use, but that can work as a text blog, separate from the photoblog. If this is a colossal pain maybe I won't bother. As is, I only want it as a template that I can use should the need arise later and don't want it on the site to begin with.

Last edited:

sufi

lala
yeh dave lovely to see you!!
how's tricks eh?? where you been and up to what???
send us a postcard (& i'll fix up yer webpage!!)!!

stelfox

Beast of Burden
Hey Ed, you can see from the pictures where I am, where I've been and what I'm doing. Are you serious? Can you do this? If you can, you'll get shisha tobacco, glow-in-the dark plastic pictures of Mecca and bakhoor burners for your pains. Better than a postcard.

sufi

lala
man you drive a hard bargain.. throw in an azan alarm from suq al-taiwan and we might be in business

looking at that code it seems quite straight forward except... the htm pages are dynamic, produced by a php script so i'm guessing there is like a control panel or something?
otherwise you can hack the html easily enough but it will knacker itself when you update it...
e.g.

Code:
naughty code removed
that's code for an about page with no sidebar -c+p into text editor & save as 'woteva.htm'

Last edited:

scottdisco

rip this joint please
i don't normally come on the technology thread (i iz a thick donkeys innit) but this is tremendous!!

hello Dave!

quality, "i think you've broken the whole site there"
:D

stelfox

Beast of Burden
ed that's actually made this page a proxy for my site, every time someone opens this page, it registers as a hit on my site, is there any way you can remove the code!? this might have drastic consequences for the whole internet.

hey scott, good to see you. glad to see you've not imploded as a result of this...

sufi

lala
all gone now... that was a bit naughty tho eh? good thing we sorted it before the entire interwebs collapsed

email us dave?

stelfox

Beast of Burden
OK, so I've managed to get rid of the sidebar. Now I just want to add a gallery page, which is driving me crazy, too. If anyone has any tips on this, please let me know.

see point 4 above

4) I want to add another parent page which will actually be a proper GALLERY. I really like this way of doing it, Main picture, scrolling thumbnails (preferably underneath) and a drop-down list of stories, with scope to add caption info to the pictures. However, i'd like the option of linking through to longer pieces of text about each story. This could work as a popup window or something similar. I just want people to be able to get at it easily, for the option to be there and very visible but not to have a ton of text obscuring the pictures on entry.

Last edited:

stelfox

Beast of Burden
Finally got pretty close to what I want, though not quite. You can see the gallery here. If anyone knows of a plug-in that will do what I mention above, please post here. Thanks a lot!

Last edited: