unusually, seriously strange dream imagery

zhao

there are no accidents
had an argument with a friend about Dali a while back; in it i insisted that he was a fraud: a neo-classical painter of garden variety technical proficiency who used weird imagery to fit into the surrealist program. and more importantly, this imagery was obviously of his conscious mind's devising, and masquerading as the stuff of dreams: because no one actually dreams things like melting watches or 100 meters tall elephants with skinny legs -- no, real dreams consist of a re-ordering of sensory data which has been input during waking hours, and never invents things out of the blue.

while still maintaining some of what i felt about Dali, i have had to revise either the distinction i made between "re-combining sensory input" and "inventing", or my thesis concerning dream imagery altogether: because it was a half year later that i had what i call my Phillip K Dick episode.

not going to retype the long transcription i put down that morning after waking, but suffice to mention here that it involved a Mayan pyramid, or a geometric form which closely resembles a Mayan pyramid, growing, or rather just was, on my head. my shaved scalp stretched over it, and it was collapsible, like it was made from rubber or even cardboard inside. but what i remember of the other parts of the sequence made no sense in relation to it: a lot involved my girlfriend finding out i was cheating on her, and the 2 girls lived in 2 flats in the same building which were symmetrically opposite each other... probably the single most WTF dream ever.

coming in at a close second was the time i was moving stuff into a new house, watched in the distance by 2 giant white wolves. it was winter, and while i was a little bit afraid of them, i also felt an affinity with them, and that they were not only not going to hurt me, they were kind of watching over me. there was a frozen lake by the house and later i found a man who was trapped under ice and silently screaming for help.................. and the very next day i went out to the movies to see Miyazake's Princess Mononoke. kidding you not. imagine telling my friends "oh my god i dreamt these wolves just last night!" needless to say no one believed me.

what reminded me of this subject was that i had a dream 30 minutes ago in which dissensus had all these new bizzare sections... one of them was called Jenk's contributions and a sub forum of that was dedicated to breakfast foods: in it was chocolate covered pomme fritz and other oddities and i thought about replying that Dissensus should be renamed Indigestion, but then decided not to because it was not that funny.