G20

massrock

"The force of the strike, the differential in size – I could easily have snapped that arm."

It's unfortunate those batons only have one 'force' setting.

"I hoped that she would either fall to the ground, drop the weapons or go away and get back, either one of those things she had been asked to do on many occasions. But certainly to ensure that she was not able to use those weapons or that the weapons were not able to be used."

Apparently the carton of orange juice she was wielding contained 'bits'.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Aw, give the guy a break, he's called Delroy Smellie for heaven's sake. One for the 'stupid names' thread...?

crackerjack

At least it wasn't grapefruit, eh. That's fruit juice of mass destruction.

The Tomlinson case will be interesting. The irrestible force of a manslaughter seen by millions on TV over and over again meeting the immovable object of the simple fact that no copper ever gets sent down for using excessive force in the line of duty.

My money's on a quiet dismissal some time after the election.

crackerjack

The stuff coming out of the Tomlinson inquiry ATM is fucked.

I suppose the copper has to go through the motions. If he stood there and said "I'm not gonna be prosecuted even though everyone knows I'm guilty, so you can all fuck off" it might affect his pension. :mad:

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos

Although we did have our fair share of police beatings that were dealt out at the Toronto G20 - most notably this one - this guy here got a lot of attention for arresting a girl because she was blowing bubbles. Check this dozy cunt out:

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/PGMTm3QRwEc?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
shit embedding ain't working for some reason so here's a direct link:
Though this is a more tame example of what was happening and is mostly popular for how ridiculous it is, this is kind of shit the cops were on here as well. It was kind of sinister here as well because the provincial government had sneakily passed an overnight bill they didn't announce allowing police to search and arrest people without warrant or probable cause within something like 50m of the convention building the summit was being held at. What was really fucked up was that the police force misinterpreted this already surreptitious bill and basically declared martial law on the entire city for a weekend. I got rolled on by pigs on the complete opposite end of downtown walking home from a bar who demanded that they search my bag, go through my wallet and phone, etc. When I told them that usually it is within my rights not to be treated like that, they pulled this hench motherfucker out of the car who screamed in my face that if I mentioned my rights one more time, he would throw me into custody for the night.

There is another video that circulated of this kid being told by a copper to leave a street corner if he didn't want to be illegally searched. When the kid points out that the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms protects him against that sort of behaviour, the officer replies "This isn't Canada anymore." On video! Jeez. Police are fucked.

Last edited:

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Christ, that's totally fucked up, SB. And to think Canada enjoys this reputation in the wider world as being 'nicer' than the US because it doesn't go around declaring war all over the place...

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
Yeah, that's absolutely shocking reading that. There's nasty shit at work there.

Yeah, almost more disturbing than the rest of the horrid affair. Peter Allen was interviewing (someone) about it (I was in a car so kept gettin distracted) but he just wouldn't let it go, and his disdain for the police, and they way they've handled this was palpable, it was quite shocking, coming from what I expect from the BBC now, to kinda hear someone good. He just kept on about how much this fucking thing had cost the taxpayer, and how it could be avoided in the future, it was nice.

Link here if anyone's bored. It might not be as good as I remember it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b010tbyc

Leo

G20 Predictions:
  • Trump asks the president of Ireland why Northern Ireland is a different color on the map.
  • In an act of friendship, he smacks Theresa May on the butt.
  • In order to get to the front of the photo line, he knees the President of Norway in the groin and shoves him down a flight of stairs.
  • Asks Merkle "whatever happened to East Germany, you never hear about them anymore?"
  • Gets his tie stuck in Putin's zipper in the men's room.