J G Ballard - RIP

routes

we can delay.ay.ay...
RIP JG.

anyone read Super Cannes? >>>> in this book he imagines a far-off future in which an unknowing, post-capitalist society is run by an world elite who live in a city called Eden-Olympia in the hills above Cannes....

same planet, different world, eh? http://www.aquitainia.ae/

crackerjack

RIP JG.

anyone read Super Cannes? >>>> in this book he imagines a far-off future in which an unknowing, post-capitalist society is run by an world elite who live in a city called Eden-Olympia in the hills above Cannes....

same planet, different world, eh? http://www.aquitainia.ae/

Super-Cannes is great, especially the first 2/3s. But that final quartet of books suffered for being essentially the same book written four times.

mms

sometimes
Super-Cannes is great, especially the first 2/3s. But that final quartet of books suffered for being essentially the same book written four times.

thats kinda what i liked about cocaine nights and super cannes, i haven't read kingdom come but i believe its a bit like millenium people which was a little weaker in a way.

crackerjack

thats kinda what i liked about cocaine nights and super cannes, i haven't read kingdom come but i believe its a bit like millenium people which was a little weaker in a way.

I liked the similarity of the ideas, but the repetitive structure wore me down. By the time he got to MP I wanted a new approach 9and like you, didn't read KC).

On another note, someone was bound to do this.

polystyle

In celebration of JG ...

JG Ballard "What I Believe"

' I believe in the power of the imagination to remake the world, to release the truth within us, to hold back the night, to transcend death, to charm motorways, to ingratiate ourselves with birds, to enlist the confidences of madmen.

I believe in the non-existence of the past, in the death of the future, and the infinite possibilities of the present. '

We are beginning to organize something ( show / concert / media / pub. / etc. )
around celebrating JG's work.
Any creatives here on Dissensus care to throw in /show up / contribute,
let me know ...
:(:):confused:

Last edited by a moderator:

zhao

there are no accidents
We are beginning to organize something ( show / concert / media / pub. / etc. )
around celebrating JG's work.
Any creatives here on Dissensus care to throw in /show up / contribute,
let me know ...
:(:):confused:

I can do my part by staying in my bedroom for 3 days and watch the first 30 seconds of Crash over and over and over and over...

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Very sad news indeed. I read 'Kingdom Come' at the start of this year and thought it was superb, and it allowed me to warm to his authorial voice more than something like 'High Rise', which I admired more than enjoyed.

oops, I read Miracles of Life, not Kingdom Come.

Last edited: