IdleRich

IdleRich
saw a great spotted woodpecker today. also seen long tailed tit and goldcrest recently which are rare for me even if not objectively rare

That's very good work. First off a great pair of tits - agreed not too rare but nice looking - and seeing any woodpecker is always a high-level spot.

sufi

lala
Seen a regular woodpecker earlier, I was concerned not to have seen it this year since its dead tree went in the river but there it is or maybe its sister

Benny Bunter

A few weeks ago we went out for a walk in the Sierra Norte de Sevilla and I saw about 30 large birds of prey all flying and circling close together, I think they were eagles - what do you call that, a 'cluster' of eagles? Is it some sort of mating ritual? You usually just see one or two.

The heron in our local park seems to have fucked off now, but there's still two cormorants and looks like the hoopoes are still multiplying, they're everywhere

craner

Beast of Burden
A few weeks ago we went out for a walk in the Sierra Norte de Sevilla and I saw about 30 large birds of prey all flying and circling close together, I think they were eagles - what do you call that, a 'cluster' of eagles? Is it some sort of mating ritual? You usually just see one or two.

They sound like vultures to me, you get them down your way.

craner

Beast of Burden
There are some waxwings around in the UK at the moment, so keep your eyes peeled.

I haven't seen any, but there were some in Newport a couple of weeks ago and somebody saw a few at Cosmeston Lakes near me on the weekend.

Benny Bunter

We do get loads of storks here as well, they make those massive nests on top of the churches in the pueblos, but these were definitely big brown things. Vultures most likely explanation

craner

Beast of Burden