the cops

crackerjack

Can't help but wonder if this is about Plebgate and nothing else though. Hillsborough - does that really count for May? Especially as it was all done at the behest of a Tory government.

I think it was the conflation of a number of things (Stephen Lawrence, Hillsborough, Tomlinson included) providing the cover for May to do what all governments would like to have done before, but didn't have the bottle. Plebgate just made it personal.

Patrick Swayze

I'm trying to shut up
there are few things more enjoyable than watching youtube clips of red-faced impotent policemen moved to near tears of rage

john eden

male pale and stale
I think it was the conflation of a number of things (Stephen Lawrence, Hillsborough, Tomlinson included) providing the cover for May to do what all governments would like to have done before, but didn't have the bottle. Plebgate just made it personal.

Yep. A few scandals too many, and not at all contrite about it.

She's also positioning herself for leadership I reckon.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
There's probably a more appropriate thread for this, although I can't think which one right now, so it's going here, but anyway: this article is about a proposed new law to stop drug gangs taking over people's homes - reasonable in itself, I guess - but why is it illustrated with a photo of a woman cop with a bashed-up face? In fact I'd almost say it looks more like a still from a TV show than a photo from real life.

Then again, it is Teh Grauniad, so a simple error can't be ruled out.

Edit: ignore me, I was right about it being from TV - it's from a BBC series mentioned in the article. Just seems odd that it's not captioned as such.