sufi

lala
what's worthwhile about chewing gum?
i would also consider internets, although that's only really 21st C
space invaders is cool but anti-life

padraig (u.s.)

a monkey that will go ape
Jason Lee is a Scientologist?

Battlefield Earth is entirely underrated. I've never seen it nor will I ever see it but surely it can be as bad as all that? I mean, Forest Whittaker is cool, right? he had that great bit in The Crying Game? And he was quite "good" as Idi Amin?

discuss?

sufi

lala
Good work, guys, good work.
your point is what?
mine was that i reckon MNIearl is a fair example of TV as a non-destructive force - i only watched a couple of episodes but it seems to have a chilled karmic overall message and is not overly obsessed with sex and death, & that's fine by me
(does it feature jason lee or forest W?)
is there more to it than that andy?

padraig (u.s.)

jason lee is the Earl of the title. I think his sidekick is a Scientologist too but I'm not sure.

I was just free associating. Forest Whittaker ain't part of that crazy scifi religion but he is in Battlefield Earth I think (Travolta roped him into it somehow). I am a big fan of his work tho & he's really great in The Crying Game even tho he dies right quick.

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
your point is what?
mine was that i reckon MNIearl is a fair example of TV as a non-destructive force - i only watched a couple of episodes but it seems to have a chilled karmic overall message and is not overly obsessed with sex and death, & that's fine by me
is there more to it than that andy?

No, that's pretty much exactly it. I just wasn't able to extract your point from your original post, and then we went off into clowning about halitosis etc. Glad that you like it. :D

BareBones

wheezy
Forest Whittaker is cool, right? he had that great bit in The Crying Game? And he was quite "good" as Idi Amin?

discuss?

Ghost Dog is the one!

...if MNIE is one of the best comedies on telly (personally i'm not into it at all) it's only because 99% of comedies on telly are utter shit. horne & corden, kevin bishop, katy brand, mock the week and all that shit, all those shit US shows like two and a half men and the big bang theory and scrubs, and why do we still have endless fucking repeats of friends, over 10 years on?? Is there any good comedy on tv at all anymore? No curb, no futurama, simpsons is shit now, south park's shit now...

discuss

padraig (u.s.)

wull I've been watching this show called Breaking Bad. It's definitely not a comedy (tho there are some moments of very, very black comedy) but it's quite good - about a middle-aged chemistry teacher who gets diagnosed w/terminal cancer & starts selling meth to pay off his mortgage & get his kids' college $ before he dies. the premise sounds naff but it's really good, & also, yunno relevant given our crazy meth problem here - tons of understated stuff about race, class, border, etc etc oh & the acting is really good - like Mad Men level of good I mean...

Last edited:

Mr Jeg

suck your thumb
I highly recommend "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" for fans of Arrested Development etc. General premise is four utter, utter cunts running a bar and ruining other peoples lives in various ways. Easily one of the funniest things left on TV.

Agent

dgaf ngaf cgaf
I highly recommend "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" for fans of Arrested Development etc. General premise is four utter, utter cunts running a bar and ruining other peoples lives in various ways. Easily one of the funniest things left on TV.

concur... IASIP is comparable to Arrested Development and Curb Your Enthusiasm. Dayman!

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos

I co-sign this as well.