Hippie nonsense

petergunn

plywood violin
Almost forgot, on a bar jukebox the other night I unexpectdly heard one of the ultimate (and best) hippie-nonsense songs, Matty Groves by Fairport Convention. Especially memorable for the 3 minute+ 'campfire hoedown' double-time outro. :D

Sloth is my fav Fairport song... killer tune...

jenks

thread death
I have been listening to a lot of Grateful Dead recently - long live jams of Dark Star and St Stephen.
The other thing has been the Chris Robinson Brotherhood - the worst kind of hippy nonsense but just perfect in its own way.
i have also been getting back into the first David Crosby album and probably the biggest hippie of them all late 60s/early 70s Steve Winwood.

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
If I Could Only Remember My Name... Is one of my all time favourite and most played albums. It's like audible sepia with burned neon edges. Love the drumming on it. So understated. Gotta be one of the ultimate hippie documents.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
this is the worst mass/counter culture of all time but I'd be lying if I wasn't partial to the Ozric Tentacles :) :)

And by counter-culture I mean a predominantly western context, psych rock in the non-western world was generally more low key.