Disco!

Client Eastwood

Nights was always the big JG classic, the one that commanded the big money and got stuck on comps. But I prefer that one, i'm just a sucker for basslines.

Talking of jazz-funk, not that it is particularly :confused:, sometimes this is absolutely my favourite track ever. And I still don't own the damn thing.

edit: Hmm, this is a slightly different mix from the one I have on tape. I don't spose there's a 12" of this title track anywhere....?

Nights Over Egypt followed by this by Yasuko Agawa. What a bassline I dont the vocalist but she's sweet.

IdleRich

IdleRich
"very nice
i would call it slow disco
nothing to do with patrick adams though"
Yeah, I couldn't find the Patrick Adams one I was after so I thought that I would post that killer from Hot Chocolate - kind of reminds me of Serge Gainsbourg in a weird way. Nice slow and sleazy orchestral disco. I like finding good tracks by artists that everyone thinks are rubbish. There is another Hot Chocolate one called Go Go Girl which is pretty good as well, it's a really early one and it's in a kind of glammy garage style. It sounds like T-Rex in a way. But I digress.

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
Yeah, I couldn't find the Patrick Adams one I was after so I thought that I would post that killer from Hot Chocolate - kind of reminds me of Serge Gainsbourg in a weird way. Nice slow and sleazy orchestral disco. I like finding good tracks by artists that everyone thinks are rubbish. There is another Hot Chocolate one called Go Go Girl which is pretty good as well, it's a really early one and it's in a kind of glammy garage style. It sounds like T-Rex in a way. But I digress.

See also Mindless Boogie by them

possible the mosy cynical disco/funk track ever.

"Like the clowns and robots that we are
Music is the drug we're searching for...mindless boogie"

They were such a great band.

craner

Beast of Burden
But the best Sylvester track is this:

'I Need You' (it mixes in on this youtube clip from 'Over & Over' quite nicely, I think):

That bassline, as good as Chic surely!

Apologies if already posted.

craner

Beast of Burden
guy_bourdin_thumb.jpg

petergunn

plywood violin
But the best Sylvester track is this:

'I Need You' (it mixes in on this youtube clip from 'Over & Over' quite nicely, I think):

That bassline, as good as Chic surely!

Apologies if already posted.

"stars" is my fav sylvester song...

at 138 bpm.... almost grime/dubstep tempo!

edwin starr's contact is at 132, if the labeling on this youtube video is to be believed...

so, what other disco songs are at 130bpm or above.... i mixed Stars w/ some dubstep on a radio show recently and would love to do more mixes of that type...