Negative Energy

vimothy

yurp
The Norsk scene wasn't even that big early in the second wave. BM has always been spread across the globe but with these noticeable regional sounds.

no, you lot are talking about wicky sticks- joints dipped in embalming fluid & then smoked once dry. tho I've never been clear on whether "embalming fluid" is actually that, PCP (tho it is slang for PCP) or something else entirely. anyway, kids used to talk about them when I was growing up (I had the good sense to stick to proper drugs, none of this inhalants/weird chemicals shite), I think it's something of a Chicago thing. supposedly when smoked they'd cause you to "freeze up", be unable to move - I've never done K but perhaps similar to that.

formaldehyde itself is just a chemical compound. I don't think you can smoke it.

either way, smoking PCP or somehow getting "high" on embalming fluid, that is indeed some "brutal shit".

AFAIK "sherm" is just generic slang for PCP.

Sick Boy you must know - PCP is hella popular in Canada. especially in Montreal, in my experience. the runaways & street kids & so on are way, way into it, in place of crack or heroin or whatever. every time I've been there I've been offered PCP by some dude or another.

"Sherms" are joints in formaldehyde in LA.

padraig (u.s.)

a monkey that will go ape
Oh, of course post-94 BM is undeniably haunted by Norway

The Norsk scene wasn't even that big early in the second wave.

this is where I'd distinguish btwn "black metal" & black metal. the latter being just the music & the former being everything else. again the two sometimes intersect.

so black metal does have disparate origins - that network of multiple contemporary scenes trading tapes & exchanging letters & so on - united by an ethos/outlook before they were by a specific sound or aesthetic. so that it's possible today to refer to a very wide range of bands as black metal. "black metal" is where the Norwegians are also interesting, to me at least - as a concept, a doomed project. things like corpse paint, all the stupid names of demons & so on, the general attitude of extremity - all that stuff is meaningless of itself but clearly it held meaning for/was imbued with power by Euronymous, Vikernes, Snorre Ruch etc. it's almost like ethnography - I reckon that's how the guy at surrealdocuments approaches it.

bassbeyondreason

Chtonic Fatigue Syndrome
Yeah, but there was corpsepaint and stupid demon names all over the world :p
I find that a lot more interesting actually, why kids in Singapore felt such an affinity with something they cobbled together from whatever Venom and Sarcofago records they could find. (And KISS)

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
Yeah, but there was corpsepaint and stupid demon names all over the world :p
I find that a lot more interesting actually, why kids in Singapore felt such an affinity with something they cobbled together from whatever Venom and Sarcofago records they could find. (And KISS)

Singapore is a country that, because of its deleriously utopian vision, propels young, angry people to want to be as obnoxious as possible. When you're desperately seeking for enemies, Singapore provides you with no shortage of them.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
cangkangserigala.blogspot.com/

came across these sickos through tj cowgill a few month back. class.

Whoah...those guys are really rocking a goth/metal/psych/skater aesthetic, huh?

Edit: there should be a picture here. Never mind.
jpeg.jpg

Sort of Cramps-Ramones-Misfits-Rob Zombie thing going on. Cool.

thenationalacrobat

eat white death...
Edit: there should be a picture here. Never mind.

yeah whats up with picture posting on here? no hot key for img brackets etc? im a bit slow with remembering how to type all those codes in.

yeah great sound from the cangkang kids. blackened karaoke laptop workout arrives! and their artwork is amazing. i wish i could post the unknown pleasures / klingon forehead reworking from a few months back. its inspired!

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Images usually work, you just do {IMG}http://www.url.com/image.jpg{/IMG}, but with square brackets instead of {}. Or select the URL and click the 'insert image' button.

I think it's just that some blog hosting sites don't allow hotlinking.

luka

I remember when I was 20 or so my mates girlfriend said to us you two thrive on negative energy. I'd not noticed before or conceptualised it in that way but I thought, oh yeah, good observation, cool!

unless you've something relevant to add, kindly fuck off to the cheesy dance anthems thread.

luka

Male friendships generally have an element of antagonism to them. Not always, but most of the best ones do. It's part of the fun.