Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: erotic (?) record covers??

i'm pretty sure there's some rock band - contemporary British indie-rock IIRC - that have quite a nice piece on their album cover of a bloke eating a woman out.

but i can't remember who and may be making this up. i want to say it's perhaps a little bit like, say, the poster artwork for the film Jade, except the woman is looking at the viewer.

Quote Originally Posted by craner View Post
    Something like that. It was a big sex scandal! Now a "classic" album cover.
    In all fairness, she's naked but there's nothing explicitly 'erotic' going on. The dude with the semi-Mohawk hairdo is even gesturing to the other dude, not the girl.

Nirvana had an album with a naked baby on the front, OMG!!!11

Also, one of the naked little girls on Zeppelin's Houses Of The Holy is said to be Sam Fox, fact fans.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

Either Craner is particularly horny at the moment, or he has already played this game several times in his head, or both. Because it's clear this is not his first go at this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Tea View Post
    In all fairness, she's naked but there's nothing explicitly 'erotic' going on. The dude with the semi-Mohawk hairdo is even gesturing to the other dude, not the girl.
    but ZOMG naked women are immoral, they arouse the senses and fan the flames of the fiery brimstone in your soul

Well, all of these covers are pretty gross in some way, aren't they? A kind of distorted or over-amplified or silly 'sexiness' that usually isn't sexy at all (but occasionally is)...That's sort of what I got from the thread title anyway. That Electric Ladyland cover always makes me feel nauseous. Whereas, I love the Bow Wow Wow but not because I fancy 13 year girls.

On a cunnilingus-themed album cover tip, there's this '90s metal classic:

and this gem, which I just found on a blog post about (what else?) awful album covers:

To even things up a bit, here's Number 1 from the same list:

Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

Either Craner is particularly horny at the moment, or he has already played this game several times in his head, or both. Because it's clear this is not his first go at this.
    Ha ha, no, I do just have a lot of random pop silliness in my head. Like I was saying, it's not that I find any of these covers particularly arousing. I mean, Hardcore by Lil' Kim?? C'mon. That's a hilarious album cover but it's about as sexy as a night out with Millie and Latoya Jackson.

Quote Originally Posted by craner View Post
    Well, all of these covers are pretty gross in some way, aren't they? A kind of distorted or over-amplified or silly 'sexiness' that usually isn't sexy at all (but occasionally is)...That's sort of what I got from the thread title anyway. That Electric Ladyland cover always makes me feel nauseous. Whereas, I love the Bow Wow Wow but not because I fancy 13 year girls.
    Was J/K...

But I really don't like those 40s covers, something about the haircuts is libido dampening. Perhaps it is because they are reminiscent of my grandmothers?

Edit: Jeez I hoped somebody flagged this NSFW.

Quote Originally Posted by nomadthethird View Post
    but ZOMG naked women are immoral, they arouse the senses and fan the flames of the fiery brimstone in your soul
    Whereas a naked man is generally used to humorous - well, 'humorous' - effect:

Last edited by Mr. Tea; 19-05-2009 at 06:10 PM.

"That's the one. Now I can make it my screensaver.
    Just to make it clear, I do not find that picture erotic.

"In all fairness, she's naked but there's nothing explicitly 'erotic' going on. The dude with the semi-Mohawk hairdo is even gesturing to the other dude, not the girl."
    Well, it's based on this right?

I guess the story for the original is that the woman is a prostitute right? Makes it more controversial I guess.

@Tea Not necessarily. Remember that D'Angelo video from the 90s? I remember liking that quite a bit. Good lord he was attractive. And he wrote that awesome triple entendre song about brown sugar.

I can't find any fully nude male album covers. There's Peter Frampton "I'm In You" on the google image search, which is not nude. That's all I can find besides this:

She is pretty:

Quote Originally Posted by nomadthethird View Post
    remember that d'angelo video from the 90s? I remember liking that quite a bit. Good lord he was attractive. And he wrote that awesome triple entendre song about brown sugar.
    choon!

I know some people are not even a teensy bit gay, but if you look at this guy and say "ewww", I don't care what orientation you are, I'm going to call you a liar.