Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Drunk food

Pork scratchings.

Quote Originally Posted by Immryr View Post
    when i woke up one morning last week i found a half eaten, raw (i.e. has not been near water) pack of instant noodles with visible teeth marks in it. it was my housemate, not me. i haven't asked him if it was satisfying or not.

i assume not!
    Whenever I'm about to do instant noodles in the pan I always have a little chunk of them raw first. It's nice, like crisps or something.

Tofu did someone say?, Id have to be fucking legless to even smell it...

I staggered in the other night with my g/f & made myself & her a cheese & ham toastie, except we dont have a george forman, so i grilled it normally, but as I do it drunkenly, I stuck the whole sandwich under & the top peice of bread stayed on the firey bit of the grill & nearly caused a massive fire, as I just tucked in straight away & never clocked until I just tasted mayo & ham all on top of eachother, not surronded by the other layer of bread.

I have also came in at about 6, gone to make a fried egg & bacon sandwich. When putting the eggs in the frying pan, DONT DRAW FOR THE EGGS 1ST..

I opened the draw to the frying pan with the egg in my hand, needless to say I only had shell & the frying pan when I put it on the stove.

Believe I went & got another egg & done the exact same thing again, not cool.

But yea that doesnt really answer any questions, just anecdotes.

Ah, the parmo. Had an awesome one the other day with ham, pepperoni, jalapenos and kebab meat, doused in garlic sauce. Fucking PERFECT.

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    Tofu did someone say?, Id have to be fucking legless to even smell it...
    that's prolly because you've never had it properly cooked, in any of the hundreds of ways to make the stuff taste delicious. and i mean delicious in a BBQ pork ribs with special sauce kind of way.

when people say that that's what it usually means.

and Tofu House is only the name of a Korean chain restaurant in LA where all the K-town club kids gather after hours. they serve a lot more than tofu...

so can you get parmos in the south?

Quote Originally Posted by baboon2004 View Post
    Pork scratchings.
    Remember, while at uni, coming home one night after being on the lash to find two of my mates making stir fry. Mmm, stir fry. What you frying up with it? Chicken?

No, not chicken.

Pork scratchings.

Bluerggh

Things I've cooked while drunk/high/sleep-deprived/coming down:

Thai green curry, from scratch
    lasagne, ditto
    roast beef with roast spuds, leeks in cheese sauce and home-made gravy.

I am the KING of inebriated cooking.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

Quote Originally Posted by vimothy View Post
    Remember, while at uni, coming home one night after being on the lash to find two of my mates making stir fry. Mmm, stir fry. What you frying up with it? Chicken?

No, not chicken.

Pork scratchings.

Bluerggh
    Dear lord.

ive got a friend who has a habit of waking up in the morning cradling a burger or a kebab, the sheets all bloody with ketchup

Yes, "a friend", of course...
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

Quote Originally Posted by Slothrop View Post
    Penguin biscuit pakora.

Quote Originally Posted by martin View Post
    Does anyone remember that slob Tubby Isaacs, who used to sell jellied eels down Whitechapel at closing time? Is he dead?
    that is brilliant, i hope we get an answer to this Martin.

again in the suburb where i did my formative drinking there was a cockles/whelks man would come round certain of the more spit/sawdust pubs toward closing time, various things of a seafood bent he had on offer.

and those Pepparami stick snacks

i am well jealous of Bassbeyonreason's parmo.

@Alex, you are a legend!

LA and TO sound seriously on-point; tacos are always good, especially (i admit i have never been to Mexico so let's just say for large north american cities with good Mexican food) from the truck at about 5 am.

i am fascinated by how certain NYC street stalls get rinsed whilst neighbours go fallow; i read a story in TONY once about one particular midtown kebab cart that opened from about 4 am for a bit, just to catch an accumulation of cabbies that went by at that time, clubbers and so on.
    and the man's competitors nearby who were ostensibly serving up equally keen stuff were left scratching their head as to his special ingredients.

there's a very good Pakistani caff on an arterial route into downtown Chicago, near where the old Cabrini Green neighbourhood was, about a mile away from the tony shops of the Gold Coast but in a fairly low-rent area and i've had some good grub there.
    it also remains the only place in the USA where i've seen a televised cricket match.

few things beat the late-night frites gaff in Belgium, with their various accompaniments.

i had a cone of frites with some sort of soft, almost stewing-steak, sort of gravy doused over it about 5am in Antwerp once, and it sorted me right out.

Default Anthony Bourdain: Tacos in Piedras Negras

drunk or sober this is the bomb

Red wine and a Bombay Bad Boy pot noodle AKA Mumbai Motherfucker.

tubby isaac's world famous jellied eels stall sighted today around 5pm, being operated by a lady though.

pork scratchings are drinking food, not drunk food!