stelfox

Beast of Burden
poutine

Poutine_yum.jpg

get to know

This is another

scottdisco

rip this joint please
has anyone talked about chips and cheese at any length? that with garlic mayo and a bit of salt got me through uni, it was the late night food of choice in oxford for literally everyone, students or locals, but i swear it's a rarity elsewhere.

first rate!

STN

sou'wester
Dan, I too am desparate to try a parmo. Maybe John Eden can drive us to Middlesborough in a van.

Cheese and chipswise: when I lived in Oxford I found the whole populace very keen on latenight cheese snacks, to the point where doner kebabs often had cheese mixed in. Nice. But rather weird.

Slothrop

Tight but Polite
Hackney.
Sunday.
23:45.
Lahmacun: all salad, garlic and chilli.
Open or wrap?
One twenty pliz mate.

God bless Turkish takeaways.
I'm moving to a flat just off Green Lanes in Haringey this time next month. Obesity is imminent.

Dan - how do you smoke an aubergeine? I've had a few goes at doing that tomato and aubergeine thing you get in turkish places but it never quite has the smoky flavour...

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Dont need to be drunk to eat that bruv.

Lahmacun is good stuff bruv

Oh absolutely, I wasn't even drunk, just a few pints. But the beer had made me hungrier than I would have been anyway, so it tasted even better than normal. I was literally groaning with pleasure as I ate it.

I once had a flat in Archway that was two minutes' walk from a Turkish bakery - used to get lahmacun'n'salad for lunch almost every day for a quid a pop. Amazing.

UFO over easy

online mahjong
has anyone talked about chips and cheese at any length? that with garlic mayo and a bit of salt got me through uni, it was the late night food of choice in oxford for literally everyone, students or locals, but i swear it's a rarity elsewhere.

nah you'll that anywhere up north, except you'll get the option of gravy as well, so grim

'cheesy chips', it's even unpleasant to say

you can get those batter scrapings in northern chip shops too, i forget what they're called

i spent all my money on lahmacun in berlin when i was over there last, but i've never had it in london. i didn't even know it was called that

Last edited:

massrock

Cheese and chips was very popular in my last local pub. This was down south though so it was about the only thing that was any where near reasonably priced.

routes

we can delay.ay.ay...
there's a pub near my mate's house that does a free plate of roast tatties and gravy with your second pint after 5pm on a sunday...it's an LDN tapas ting...

Client Eastwood

thats it, i saw some place in leeds which did slightly posh ones, with things like paprika and lime, or chili.. like hot crisps except just batter. they looked quite nice

Wow. That sounds ace. Was it in LS6 ?

Its bit messy to make when drunk but thinly sliced spuds dipped in a gram flour mix with spices and then deep fried is great. I love gram flour I do.

nomos

Administrator
hard to beat pierogies fried with bacon and onions smothered in sour cream, drunk or not.

perogies.jpg

Last edited: