routes

we can delay.ay.ay...
i happened to see that the other night and it was pretty shocking.... i can't believe one company, Mitsubishi, own all 3 of the 3 big tuna companies...

luka

Yo, I invented veggie delight. It's for veggies when the only thing open isothermal kebabish. Pitta, chips, cheese, pickled peppers, chilli sauce, mayonnaise or garlic sauce

luka

Enjoyed somediscos scoutleader enthusiasm on thus thread also my oven chip nachos and hoprocker beer combo in 2009 seems very prescient now that everywhere in London is selling nasty shit like that

luka

Experimenting with supermarket fresh egg noodles and melted cheese like a bastardised broken Britain okonomiyaki

griftert

Rice + beans + frozen veg = pilaf

Serve with sardines, peanut butter and some kind of chilli sauce and it's a malaysian spectacular in about 15 minutes. M Night Shyamalan

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I made a wicked egg fried rice the other day - just leftover rice, garlic and onion, fried up in butter and a splash of oil, heavy on the dark soy to serve. Wasn't even tipsy but it felt like proper drunk food.

Actually you might not want to be chopping onions and garlic while drunk, depending on how nimble your fingers remain under the influence and how sharp your knife is...

luka

yakisoba noodles with melted cheese, yakisoba sauce, mayonaisse, chilli flakes, spring onion, furikake

luka

the thing im most ashamed about in all my years of shameful dissensus posting is using the word divine on the first page of this thread im not sure what came over me. i can even remember the decision to do it.

luka

4041627987_1d5b531bb8.jpg

4041628497_2661f6399e.jpg
very ahead of its time this dish. the chips arent burnt they had some sort of shit 'cajun seasoning' on them

IdleRich

IdleRich
Yo, I invented veggie delight.
I find this really heartbreakingly sad. The problem is that veggies cannot experience delight from their food, they can be virtuous and healthy and live longer and of course their conscience is clear when it comes to murdering countless legions of helpless animals who live the tiny bit of life they do get in horrendously barbaric conditions, so there is all that. But once you choose to become vegetarian you have to kiss goodbye to delight and any other similar phrases such as joy, ecstasy or exultation. And it is a tough one, what you gain on the swings of virtue you lose on the roundabouts of pleasure, as is so often the case in life. Almost every gain you make is accompanied by some kind of loss... you can stay in every Friday night and practise violin and if you do become the greatest violinist in the world you will have sacrificed your weekends and the fun that came with them to do so.

And this is all right and proper. Gain requires sacrifice and so on. But why torture oneself by naming the dish "Veggie Delight"? That's like the violinist writing a song called "Going Out On a Friday Night and Being Really Cool and Having Lots of Fun and Getting My Knob Sucked By A Fit Bird".