Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Drunk food

Default Drunk food

My mate was telling me about these things called parmos that Northern people eat when they're drunk. I've become obsessed with trying one.

The second picture on this page is especially appalling:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parmo

my mate told me about something canadians eat when drunk which sounds divine. something about cheese and gravy and mayonnaise and chips.

One ex-flatmate always went for canned meatballs and canned macaroni cheese, lobbed into a pan and mixed up. I tried it once and it was like eating sick.

When up North, I like to keep it traditional with chips and gravy. It's extremely good for you - the chips offer a healthy dose of potassium, which reduces your likelihood of developing gout, and the gravy cleanses the penile pipe.

I've been to Agra curry house in Whitfield Street loads of times when slaughtered, Mohammed Ali and Roy Orbison used to eat there.

Fried Mars Bars offer a revitalising sugar rush, which can help sort your drunken head out.

But the best I ever discovered was the microwavable scampi burger in Tokyo.

Does anyone remember that slob Tubby Isaacs, who used to sell jellied eels down Whitechapel at closing time? Is he dead?

a box of meat!

Nando's. They're not usually open that late, good for some early evening pisshead grub, tho.

that poutine stuff that Luka mentioned is immense.

i like chip barms or any chicken shop.

A nice strong Madras is the best tho, obvs.

lovely stuff, Swears.

my favourite post-pub takeaway in the suburb where i grew up is THE BANGLADESHI MASALA TAKE-AWAY and i've often ate their curry with rice in a tray option for a couple of coins or so. various options like.

underneath that bit on the menu there's even the responsible message of

COMES WITH A FORK FOR YOU TO EAT AS YOU WALK YOUR WAY HOME.

In Toronto we have this pizza chain called Amato's Pizza that produces these enormous slices with just about every variation of toppings you could fathom for pizza. Aside from my favourite, the Lucille (Asiago, Potatoes, Rosemary), all of them taste incredible drunk, and not so incredible sober.

Also not to forget Sneaky Dee's, the mexican food pub and venue whose kitchen remains open until something like 4am, for a King's Crown Nachos. This takes some bravery:

when i woke up one morning last week i found a half eaten, raw (i.e. has not been near water) pack of instant noodles with visible teeth marks in it. it was my housemate, not me. i haven't asked him if it was satisfying or not.

i assume not!

if you live in LA there is only one answer: TOMMY BURGERS WHO WITH ME!?!?!?!

open all night long, and at 4AM you'd be swaying from all that booze standing there next to the truckers and day laborers just so concentrated on burying your face on that chilli smothered wonderful beautiful thing.

no actually sorry, there are many more than one answer in LA. another would be: PHO 2000!!!

and yet another: TOFU HOUSE!!!

i really miss the food in LA... Berlin motherfucking SUCKS: the bars serve all night, but you'd have to goto another part of the city for an open restaurant after midnight. what the fuck?

Penguin biscuit pakora.

MORE BEER! hair of the dog that bit ya

really i go for greasy stuff when i am drunk
    fries
    mozzarella sticks
    jalapeno poppers
    pizza
    balut

there is some badboy/horrific stuff in here

http://thisiswhyyourefat.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Boy View Post
    jesus look at that

i discovered that if you eat a subway when drunk, it will double the length and severity of your hangover the next day