vimothy

yurp
land thinks that intelligence maximisation is self-evidently desirable, and furthermore human agency is kind of fake and irrelevant anyway

linebaugh

land thinks that intelligence maximisation is self-evidently desirable, and furthermore human agency is kind of fake and irrelevant anyway
I guess I meant more- why should we care? Does Land have some kind of quasi religious justification of intelligence? Why might he dislike antinatalism?

version

I dunno whether it was an obvious position to take at the time, but he seems to have been bang on here,

As sino-pacific boom and automatized global economic integration crashes the neocolonial world system, the metropolis is forced to re-endogenize its crisis. Hyper-fluid capital deterritorializing to the planetary level divests the first world of geographic privilege; resulting in Euro-American neo-mercantilist panic reactions, welfare state deterioration, cancerizing enclaves of domestic underdevelopment, political collapse, and the release of cultural toxins that speed-up the process of disintegration in a vicious circle.

luka

bang on but my sense is that those trends were already evident and had already been identified.

luka

Thatcher's government was already talking about writing off Liverpool for instance. amputating it like a gangrenous limb.

luka

The bit where he says you've just "iced" three Turing cops had me rolling.

ive said it before but i think a lot of what he does is rooted in literary pastiche. not to say he isn't clever and doesn't have a very good grasp of the history of philosophy. but there's a distinct difference between his Parisian decadent Batallian sipping absinthe and his cyberpunk Deleuzian high on amphetamine and jungle music.

luka

there's a tendency for these people to assume they are the ones who pass through the fine mesh

luka

but if you are putting forward a picture of the world in which IQ and earnings are basically synonomous and you are not personally a billionaire then people are going ask questions.

luka

i think we all realise that most of the world population is about to become deemed surplus to requirements and there's no doubt that includes me and everyone on this forum.

luka

ok, there's 47 pages.

what is a Deleuze in brief if you could gentlemen?

the people who could answer that question left the forum a long time ago. except for poetix. if you see poetix hanging around grab him and demand answers.

craner

Beast of Burden
there's a tendency for these people to assume they are the ones who pass through the fine mesh

This was the same with K-Punk in his Bolshevik phase, though. What exactly did he think would happen to him?

(Although I think we ended up agreeing he probably would make a good commissar.)

luka

This was the same with K-Punk in his Bolshevik phase, though. What exactly did he think would happen to him?

(Although I think we ended up agreeing he probably would make a good commissar.)

we agreed he'd be put against the wall and shot. i had those conversations in mind as i wrote that actually.

version

the people who could answer that question left the forum a long time ago. except for poetix. if you see poetix hanging around grab him and demand answers.
The thing about that question is the person asking it was being as vague as the people answering it. It was an already-in-the-know question.