luka

and life being reducible to Londis, Spar, Costcutter, is going to lead inexorably to suicide. so you have to fool yourself. and you have to do it well.

luka

the art of living is bound up in this. developing fictions you can beleive in. and the moment Londis Costcutter Spar overwhelm the defences of those fictions is the moment you kill yourself.

luka

my feeling is that you have to start from the position that it is all fake, that your fictions are no less real than Londis, Spar, Costcutter. And this is becasue the stakes are quite high. Becasue despair and suicide are always in your ear.

vimothy

yurp
if life really is redicable to Londis, Spar, Costcutter, then coming up with fictional alternatives seems quite hard

luka

if life really is redicable to Londis, Spar, Costcutter, then coming up with fictional alternatives seems quite hard

i don't think that it is. i think that reality is figured in this way. and that you have to fight really quite hard to reject that figuration.

luka

i think there is a notion of England that reduces it to that. and it's a powerful vision and it's hard to resist. i don't think it's 'real'.

vimothy

yurp
bc "Londis, Spar, Costcutter" are kind of inescapable. at some point, everyone has to go and do the shopping

version

You can just get your shopping delivered tbf. If you can get it delivered by drone then even better for your fictions.

luka

how might i be using those figures? use your imagination. what might they be standing in for?

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
Embrace the grim reality of Britain's joyful suffering. Converting others is a fool's errand. Pray to the gods of concrete, bricks, moss and rain.

version

Wonder whether it'll make people more or less likely to embrace VR. Will your grey world mean you reject the fantasy or run to it?