Page 52 of 52 FirstFirst ... 242505152

Thread: What is Deleuze?

Quote Originally Posted by m99188868 View Post
    I wonder why he did not clip his nails, though.
    Found this on the (fascinating) subject

Example: my nails, which are long and uncut. At the end of your letter you say that my worker's jacket (it's not true, it's a peasant's jacket) is worth Marilyn Monroe's pleated bodice and my nails, Greta Garbo's dark glasses. And you're inundating me with ironic and malicious advice. Since you come back to it several times, I'll explain it to you. We can always say that my mother used to cut them off for me, and that it is related to Oedipus and castration (grotesque, but psychoanalytical interpretation). We can also notice, by observing the tips of my fingers, that I am missing the usually protective fingerprints, so that touching an object and especially a tissue with my fingertips is a nervous pain that requires the protection of long nails (teratological and selectionist interpretation). It can still be said, and it is true, that my dream is not to be invisible but imperceptible, and that I compensate for this dream by having nails that I can put in my pocket, so that nothing seems more shocking to me than someone who looks at them (psycho-sociological interpretation). Finally, we can say: "You must not eat your nails because they are yours; if you like nails, eat those of others, if you want and if you can" (political interpretation, Darien). But you choose the ugliest interpretation: he wants to stand out, to do his Greta Garbo. In any case, it is curious that, of all my friends, none of them have ever noticed my nails, finding them completely natural, planted there at random as if by the wind that brings seeds and that makes no one talk.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Numbers For This Useful Post:

It's a wonderfully snide complaint, though. Next time somebody accuses me of some quirk, I should attempt such typology as well.
    His whole bit on whining in the abcédaire is among the most hilarious stuff I have ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by droid View Post
    Josef had some chops, shame all that learning led him to such a silly place.
    Josef is as good a writer today as he has always been.

»One can conceive of a continuous acoustic flow that traverses the world and that even encompasses silence. A musician is someone who appropriates something from this flow: notes? Aggregates of notes? No? What will we call the new sound from a musician?«

deleuze is... endless shrimp at red lobster

Quote Originally Posted by other_life View Post
    deleuze is... endless shrimp at red lobster
    Careful, you might summon Jordan Peterson.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr. Tea For This Useful Post: