Dancing

IdleRich

IdleRich
Inspired by the juke thread and the ridiculous dancing therein - I'd like to see more of this but spread out across various styles. I'm thinking everything from the black bottom to ballet. Also interested in the links between different types and how they relate to each other (I guess everyone's seen that thing when someone has dubbed Run DMC over some cossack dancers - it works very well which isn't that suprising I suppose because breaking and, er, cossacking are both athletic dances that take the form of a contest). Unfortunately I can't get on youtube at work so I can't kick it off now but I'm hoping that when I get home there will be loads of amazing footage for me to enjoy.

Client Eastwood

these guys as posted on the juke thread. Jazz Dance from the 80's

Brothers In Jazz - used to tear up Northen dancefloors before moving sarf to become professional dancers

On a smilar tip the I Dance Jazz troupe who danced on the Free Nelson Mandela video and Venceramos by Working Week

Client Eastwood

The Scene - Detroit

Dancing to Shari Vari

Aside to this post : Surely Breakdance >>> all other dances : )

Last edited:

IdleRich

IdleRich
"Surely Breakdance >>> all other dances : )"
Not sure about that - you're looking for different stuff in different types and I often prefer watching simple good movement to athleticism. Also, doesn't ballet (amongst others) require similar levels of athleticism but more rigour and control?

Client Eastwood

Not sure about that - you're looking for different stuff in different types and I often prefer watching simple good movement to athleticism. Also, doesn't ballet (amongst others) require similar levels of athleticism but more rigour and control?

Agree with you on the ballet, tho im thinking in terms of 'street/club' dancing its so exciting to watch.

craner

Beast of Burden
I am a fabulous dancer. When I was in Leeds, I earned the soubriquet 'Crazy Legs' Craner. Jim Clarke once told me I dance like John Travolta on acid.

BareBones

wheezy
super obvious one i know, but that doesn't detract from its greatness.

Edit: just came across this one which is even better... check out the zoidberg sideways scuttle through the door at the end! :)

Last edited:

IdleRich

IdleRich
Ballet? Michael Jackson? Fix up fellas, Digit is the new lick.

Or maybe not..
All I think of when watching that is masturbation I'm afraid.

"Edit: just came across this one which is even better... check out the zoidberg sideways scuttle through the door at the end!"
Unbelievable.
The originalors (so they say) of robotics

Very different, what do you call this?

Can't forget this, very scandalous indeed when new I think

I like the take in Salon Kitty but it's not on youtube (as far as I can see)

Love the way he runs up the wall in this one (if I'm thinking of the right clip, I can't seem to get it to load properly for some reason)

Loads more good stuff out there, I realise that that was completely unfocussed and I should probably make some spurious attempt towards linking some of them together or something but I'll try that later.

nochexxx

harco pronting
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

nochexxx

harco pronting
always loved the dancing in this!
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Jim Clarke once told me I dance like John Travolta on acid.

"Well we decided to do an experiment to see if this was true..."

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=7,0,0,0" width="500" height="400"><param name="src" value="http://video.filestube.com/embed,f146020894d36f6d03e9.html" />
<param name="width" value="500" />
<param name="height" value="400" />
<param name="wmode" value="transparent" />
<embed src="http://video.filestube.com/embed,f146020894d36f6d03e9.html" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="500" height="400"/></object><div style="background-color:#95C3E6;width:500px;height:16px;text-align:center;"><a href="http://video.filestube.com" target="_blank" style="font-family:verdana; line-height:16px;font-size:11px; color:#555;text-decoration:none;letter-spacing:0.05em;">Find more videos like this on video.filestube.com.</a></div>