What is Manga?

nomadthethird

more issues than Time mag
LOL. Very good.

Not really my thing though. When it comes to Hentai, I prefer Yuri or Futanari mixed with erotic lactation.

Anybody else seen that strange Japanese film (actually it's quite good) that ends with a woman beginning to lactate and she just doesn't stop and it fills a room and the male lead gets excited by this? I can't remember what it's called.

mms

sometimes
what are the best places to buy manga comics online, the full gamult like the cooking ones droids mentioned, i'm talking the uk. london has a few shops, the manga shop in covent garden and forbidden planet, anywhere else?

mms

sometimes

thanks yeah forbidden planet is good, it's almost like i want to read about them before i step in and spend though get me?

jd_

Anybody else seen that strange Japanese film (actually it's quite good) that ends with a woman beginning to lactate and she just doesn't stop and it fills a room and the male lead gets excited by this? I can't remember what it's called.

This is Visitor Q right? The mom?
That's a weird movie, where so much of it is really quite wrong and shocking but somehow the overal effect is uplifting and positive and nothing like you would picture if someone just described scenes to you.

jd_

To contribute a bit to this, even if just a request, does anyone know if anyone is publishing Seuhiro Mauro's stuff currently? I have Mr Arashi's Freak Show and it's great, really strange and surreal but I've never found anythign else by him. I don't wanna miss the boat if his stuff comes back into print in English.

Most of the manga I really like I think droid's mentioned, but don't know if I saw GYO or Dragon Head in there and both of those are definitely worth reading. I'll back him up on Parasyte too, really strange and awesome. Action surrealism.

D

droid

Yeah - check it out:

Mr. Arashi's Amazing Freak Show (少女椿) published by Blast Books. ISBN 0-922233-06-3
Ultra-Gash Inferno (selected short works) published by Creation Books. ISBN 1-84068-039-3
Comics Underground Japan (anthology including Maruo's story "Planet of the Jap") published by Blast Books. ISBN 0-922233-16-0
How to Rake Leaves published by Stone Bridge Press. ISBN 1-880656-07-8
How to Take a Japanese Bath published by Stone Bridge Press. ISBN 0-9628137-9-6

The only other one Ive read is the story in Comics Underground Japan. which was pretty good IIRC. A surreal mini-alternate history where Japan wins WW2.

Something I dont think Ive mentioned on any of the comics threads is 'Galaxy Express, Lejji Matsumotos' beautiful, lyrical and haunting classic:

r0019235-a_edited-1-700x466.jpg

Also - while Im at it, after Yotsubya, Cromartie High School is the 2nd funniest manga ever.

Right to Left: http://www.mangavolume.com/cromartie-high-school/chapter-cromartie-high-school-1/

empty mirror

remember the jackalope
i have been hunting his stuff, too, but still no luck
check this blurb from some terrible blog, it makes me want to get this more:
lousy blog said:
Ultra-Gash Inferno

April 14, 2006

So while I was doing research into English-released horror manga, I ran across this volume by Suehiro Maruo (the erotic-grotesque king), published in 2001 from an English publisher. Apparently it was ultra rare, because every place I looked I could either not find it or I found it for anywhere from 50-100 dollars. I became obsessed. After about five months of constant searching, I found it for around 33 bucks shipped. Score!
… IT SUCKS.
It’s terrible, plain and simple. Every page spread contains people having sex. Nonsensical sex that not only is not logical in the story, but I can’t figure out what’s going on in the panel. It’s full of short stories, some of them only a few pages long, all of them bizarre and frustratingly vague. There is rarely a page where characters are not having sex or killing each other. When one really gets going, it ends. Then there’ll be a story about a bunch of kids eating shit and having sex. Then a story about a man who lives in a sewer and licks girl’s anuses as they shit down into a hole. The last story is long and developed, and I thought that one was okay (plus it had really good art), and one or two of the others were okay, but I was SO MAD I devoted so much time, effort, and money to this.

jd_

Thanks!

"The only other one Ive read is the story in Comics Underground Japan. which was pretty good IIRC. A surreal mini-alternate history where Japan wins WW2."

Oh is that Year Of The Jap? I remember seeing the cover for that ages ago, that was the one I wanted to read. I'll try and track down that anthology. Ultra Gash maybe I might wait a bit on!

"How to Rake Leaves published by Stone Bridge Press. ISBN 1-880656-07-8"

Gotta love the comments: