Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The madness of Mel

Default The madness of Mel

In keeping with the spirit of the Express/Mail threads, here's one for Ms Philips.

I know the madness of Mel isn't news, but the election of Obama has tipped her so far over the edge that it's worth collecting the worst examples, because there are quite a lot of people who still take her seriously.

This one is just...wow!

(I've posted the whole thing just so you don't have to boost her traffic)

Having previously declared that America is ‘no longer a Christian nation’ – to be precise:

... At least not just. We are also a Jewish nation, a Muslim nation, and a Buddhist nation, and a Hindu nation, and a nation of nonbelievers...

Obama has now announced, on the eve of his pilgrimage to make obeisance to the entire Islamic world, that the US can be seen as a Muslim country:

‘And one of the points I want to make is, is that if you actually took the number of Muslim Americans, we’d be one of the largest Muslim countries in the world,’ Mr. Obama said.

Uh? Here are some statistics of the number and percentage of Muslims in various countries:

(long list of countries with lots of Muslims)

Just what planet is this US President on? Or is this not a statement but an aspiration?

I thought this thread was going to be about Mel Gibson. I'd love to see him and Melanie go head-to-head.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

It's a shame, though, because she is obviously a highly intelligent woman, but she is just, well...mad.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Tea View Post
    I thought this thread was going to be about Mel Gibson. I'd love to see him and Melanie go head-to-head.
    Oh, we can make a contest out of it if you like, Mel P's Eurabia scaremongering vs Mel G's paleo Catholic anti-semitism. The money quote would be one of him calling her sugar tits.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to crackerjack For This Useful Post:

She attended an education conference that I went to once. She wandered around asking teachers very pointed questions and then got the hump when no-one would speak to her at dinner.

She seemed to almost physically exude disapproval for our mad liberal ideas for education - reduced testing, more trust in teachers - all that Maoist stuff!

This is pretty special, even for her.

Don't be fooled by the love-in between the Hugh Grant and Colin Firth of politics - this is a Left-wing coup
    Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/ar...#ixzz0oB17w5MD

I couldn't get thru the whole piece - too much for a Monday morning.

It seems that just about everything in Britain is now run according to the gay agenda.

Seems like a Mail shadow sight which lets you read it without boosting their traffic - this was pretty much my Xmas wish.

I for one welcome her hysterical carping madness.

I wonder what 'the gay agenda' is.

one of the comments: "I can believe it. My niece's state schooling was ruined by political correctness — for example, at age 7, being asked to do a project on the life and music of Bob Marley (who'd been dead for 20 years) when she and most of her peers liked the Spice Girls."
    Last edited by baboon2004; 24-01-2011 at 02:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by baboon2004 View Post
    & also how to contact, or even maybe join up with, the notorious 'PC Brigade'

someone asked about them (on another forum) and i've been considering setting up a website to bring the DM's nemesis into reality

------

ETA haha too late http://www.pcbrigade.co.uk/

As a self-confessed anarchist dedicated to destroying all social norms, but especially sexual ones, I'm disappointed that after 4 years in a multicultural liberal effette school in STOKE NEWINGTON that my daughter has only learned about gayness from asking questions about why her best mate has two Mums.

I shall be writing a stiff letter of complaint to the Hackney Council's subcontracted lackeys The Learning Trust.

She's also extremely concerned about the rise of Islamisation:

Britain is even now sleepwalking into Islamisation … the steady Islamisation of British public life … the universities are steadily being Islamised … the increasing Islamisation of the police … British public life is progressively being Islamised …
    Are these people one and the same?

"I am eating a kebab that I strongly suspect to have been Islamised."

It's yer liberal elite - they are dedicated to undermining everything and so embrace yer gays and yer gay hating islamists at the same time out of a warped sense of "equality".

Quote Originally Posted by baboon2004 View Post

This is brilliant, in 140 chars:

http://twitter.com/oliverburkeman/st...44923501953026

Been reported to PCC and the police, and I can quite see why.

I wonder if the PCC chairman and Daily Mail editor Paul Dacre will find to cause to reprimand the Daily Mail journalist Melanie Philips...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2011...spectator-blog