Anyone looking for a venue for a night on Fridays in London zone 1

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Just thought I'd flag up that the place that replaced the old Salmon & Compass in Islington is apparently looking for someone to take over Friday nights there (a work colleague's brother runs it, so I understand)...

contact should be on the website:

www.thecompassn1.co.uk

mos dan

fact music
Just thought I'd flag up that the place that replaced the old Salmon & Compass in Islington is apparently looking for someone to take over Friday nights there (a work colleague's brother runs it, so I understand)...

contact should be on the website:

www.thecompassn1.co.uk

if i had a club night, it would play exclusively riot grrl and grime, i've decided. wot, no takers? ;)

Funky room one, Slow jams room two.
I've been saying this for time.

I might want to try and take this up though.

mos dan

fact music
Funky room one, Slow jams room two.
I've been saying this for time.

I might want to try and take this up though.

this is actually a viable good idea, as opposed to mine.

only if you intersperse it with the occasional Europop record.

yes. got to give the people what they want. how about bis - eurodisco into 'are you really from the endz?' into julie ruin - the punk singer

yeah I think me and martin would be up for that!

which would make three of us, and three of us alone. lol.

martin

----
I'd love to take this on - I've always wanted to run a club. The only thing that's putting me off is the inevitable bit where I end up doing loads of poppers and coke and laughing hysterically in the backroom, stabbing my business partner in the back, pistol-whipping the coatroom girl in the face, laughing and firing random shots at the bar staff, and sleeping with one eye open, before torching the place at 5am to try and recoup the heavy financial losses / prevent it from falling into the hands of the Turkish mafia / prove that I am the king of fucking clubland.

I would have a policy where any DJs would have to do a mandatory 1-hour stint in the toilet, selling aftershave and offering paper towels to punters. Just as an ego-curbing measure. And whatever the womens' toilet equivalent of that is.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
I'd love to take this on - I've always wanted to run a club. The only thing that's putting me off is the inevitable bit where I end up doing loads of poppers and coke and laughing hysterically in the backroom, stabbing my business partner in the back, pistol-whipping the coatroom girl in the face, laughing and firing random shots at the bar staff, and sleeping with one eye open, before torching the place at 5am to try and recoup the heavy financial losses / prevent it from falling into the hands of the Turkish mafia / prove that I am the king of fucking clubland.

At some point you would need to shit on the bar. Just to keep things proper, like.