massrock

gosh you're a real charmer! :(
Yes that's right.

Sorry I was mean about your girl. That was maybe a bit over vehement. It's just an expression, some people have punchable faces. :p And I do think those images look ridiculous, or rather the suggestion that I should be impressed by that look is funny because it's such a long way from what I would consider attractive. I wouldn't say anything otherwise, each to their own of course and hooray for that, that was my point.
anyway i said like, ie very good loooking people are quite breathtaking to look at, i've seen a few really good looking famous people in the flesh and they're usually REALLY good looking, you know in a magazine they're always next to very good looking people anyway, next to me and you their looks are magnified. I saw kylie minogue in a club once, madonna too, and it was really suprising just how attractive they were in comparison to everyone else in the room.
That was your perception of course. I think there's probably more it than just appearance. There's likely a certain amount of physical charisma that is part of what has allowed someone to become widely popular in the first place. And there's the aura you project on to them to some degree because of the psychic space they inevitably occupy as slightly mythical figures. And you've also got others around subtly conferring this status upon them through body language and so on. And someone famous in a club will most likely have fairly high end hair / make-up / clothes going on, and maybe you just like that kind of thing.

Kylie Minogue does look alright though I reckon but I've never found Madonna remotely sexy.

massrock

i don't know much about what goes on in your head, Massrock, only what you choose to write
Yeah I was referring to the diversity apparent in this thread and elsewhere observed.

But yes of course there will be certain criteria for beauty prevalent in a culture and certain normative standards promoted in der meedja that may partly determine what we like. The first of these isn't necessarily a bad thing, unavoidable anyway, and within those parameters there's still room for a lot of difference.

massrock

I'm sensing a pattern, Tea...brunettes with prominent brows. Actually I like your taste in women.
Yeah I'm with Tea on most of his picks too.

Gumdrops as well, good call on the deodorant woman. :eek:

I don't think I have a type though. In real life I find it's often something subtle or quite particular to an individual person that really does it. Maybe I should analyse that more closely, there's probably a pattern

gumdrops

yeah i like tina fey (and that girl who used to be in hustle) too. something about high cheekbones on a woman. i dont think i have a type per se as theres so many variable that can make someone attractive in real life (all the ones i picked do have obv stuff in common though).

Last edited:

mms

sometimes
Kylie Minogue does look alright though I reckon but I've never found Madonna remotely sexy.

sure i've seen lots of famous people who aren't 'sex symbols' and they're pretty normal albeit probably spend more time in bed and down the gym, so they generally look healthier. Good looking celebrities seem to have very good skin in general from the ones i've seen, the men included. I've never found madonna sexy, except maybe when i was about 12, i didn't then but i was aware she was very beautiful. Actually madonna hid behind bouncers and drunk one white wine spritsa, dull as fuck while kylie danced impishly.

Last edited:

gumdrops

madonna used to look alright before she had her late 90s comeback and came back really thin and a bit too toned. i liked her in the 80s when she still had a bit of meat on her. there was one vanity fair shoot i remember which im sure i could google but its her topless so maybe not for dissensus. she did look really great in it though, and i dont tend to like blondes all that much.

swears

preppy-kei
It often annoys me to see good looking men dressed badly. All that guido bollocks with the bejewelled Ed Hardy t-shirts and huge jeans with fake fades like someone spilled bleach all over them. And of course the orange tans and rock-hard, fiddly, gelled hair. It's like a cheaper version of what gays were wearing five years ago. Or fellas pushing 30 still dressed like emo teenagers, yuck. Of course, there's an element of bitterness here, because if I was that tall and handsome, I'd be fucking styling. :D

I hate good looking guys who I think are stylish even more though... Anyone who has a better Morrissey/50s hairdo or longer skinny-jean legs than me is instantly marked for death.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
madonna used to look alright before she had her late 90s comeback and came back really thin and a bit too toned. i liked her in the 80s when she still had a bit of meat on her. there was one vanity fair shoot i remember which im sure i could google but its her topless so maybe not for dissensus. she did look really great in it though, and i dont tend to like blondes all that much.

Saw the video for Borderline randomly the other day - she looks amazing. it's hard to believe she's the same person as that harridan who kidnaps children from Malawi.

i think dyed blondes often look better than real blondes...

gumdrops

also-
highres_9211974.jpeg

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Symmetry helps, and there are evolutionary benefits to looking symmetrical--basically it means as a zygote you were strong and resilient against outside forces, and made exact mirror image copies throughout fetal development.

Classic counter-example to this being Marilyn Monroe, who had a famously asymmetrical face. And while I'm not sure I buy the standard line about her being the most beautiful woman *ever*, she was still undeniably fit.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps

Didn't Guy Ritchie recently describe sleeping with Madonna as "like fucking a bag of gristle"? :eek: I think it was in response to her 'emotional retard' dig at him at a gig she played after their divorce.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Try it. Google image search, fifth result. I mean, it's a photo of her, but click the link.

Back on-topic, can I get a 'Phwoar!' for the delectable Ms. Weisz?

rachel-weisz-4.jpg

(Hmm, dark hair - check; good eyebrows - check...)

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I think Indian and Iranian women count as cheating in this thread, it's just somehow unfair.

aishwarya-rai-061024-10_1_.jpg

Edit: OK, so she's from a Bangladeshi family, but here's Konnie Huq. Nomad may be interested to know that she presents a popular and long-running kids' TV show in Britain:

huq_getty500_25254t.jpg

(not while dressed like that, though!)

Last edited:

craner

Beast of Burden
That Laila Rouass, I came across her in a totally different context, and thought she was so gorgeous I could barely exhale; I was quite surprised to learn, later on, that she took part in Footballer's Wives. It ruined the effect.

The most beautiful woman I've met in the flesh remains Vian Rahman of the Kurdistan Regional Government in London. She's on a different level to everyone else, and not just physically.