nomadthethird

more issues than Time mag
Try it. Google image search, fifth result. I mean, it's a photo of her, but click the link.

Back on-topic, can I get a 'Phwoar!' for the delectable Ms. Weisz?

rachel-weisz-4.jpg

(Hmm, dark hair - check; good eyebrows - check...)

Yes, and she's a competent actress to. Although, there's The Mummy...

A makeup artist told me once that thicker brows are associated with younger faces, and you should never overpluck your brows or it will make you look older. This instantly made sense to me, because I've always haaaated it when I see women with their eyebrows plucked off with just a very thin line drawn on.

nomadthethird

more issues than Time mag
Zhao, living in LA must be really, really difficult for anyone, but especially for someone who doesn't fit into the Anglo-Saxon white standard of beauty. I don't think I could do it. Of course, I realize there are lots of cool, not entirely shallow people there--I have tons of friends from there who moved back. But still, it's ground zero for the whole Barbie & Ken doll ideal.

Culture factors into standards of beauty but it isn't the sole factor in sexual attraction. If it were, then almost no one but people with highly symmetrical faces or model looks would have sexual partners or successful relationships. There's nothing more ridiculous than the idea that, because visual media rely on superficially pretty people, that all people are attracted to the same thing. That statement just fails on so many provable scientific levels. (Although studies have shown that there's more consensus among men--straight and gay--as to whom they find attractive than there is among women, straight or lesbian.)

not sure if i understand the connection between symmetry and the zygote being strong?

Because zygotes split in half and each half is supposed to be a perfect "mirror image" copy--these end up being your right and left sides. Healthier zygotes are less likely to end up asymmetrical, because they will copy perfectly without mutating. Although, of course, some mutations end up being beneficial...

scottdisco

rip this joint please
Craner will slaughter me for this but if Nancy Pelosi was wearing sunglasses pushed up in her hair on this shot, i'd find that just so

nancy-pelosi-5-29-08.jpg

mms

sometimes
I think Indian and Iranian women count as cheating in this thread, it's just somehow unfair.

aishwarya-rai-061024-10_1_.jpg

Edit: OK, so she's from a Bangladeshi family, but here's Konnie Huq. Nomad may be interested to know that she presents a popular and long-running kids' TV show in Britain:

huq_getty500_25254t.jpg

(not while dressed like that, though!)

yeah cute, i had a thing for the asian doctor off er dunno why she was just really cute and serious.

scottdisco

rip this joint please
that photo of Huq should be illegal.

wonderful ATFF post, Ollie.

Diane Fleri, who surfaced in Mio fratello è figlio unico (My Brother is an Only Child)

diane-fleri-40227.jpg