thirdform

pass the sick bucket
Something unfortunately faux-naif about it to my ears now - but I fear I've been corrupted by influences outside of my ears.

It's weird how you can't just listen with your ears, at least if you're someone like me. Got to kick the analysis into gear. Weird. Bound up with self esteem.

fuck that. luke has cancelled practically everything at one point, even stuff he rates. you can't hold the forum responsible for that!

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
also bukem was one of the best djs in hardcore scene until 95. like that's not even a debate. all them yaman tapes are unimpeachable. Yaman 4 and Yaman 6 are personal favs.

Vapers go on about ADV juices, All Day Vapes.
Ambient jungle is ADH, All Day Hardcore. I remember playing F-Zero on the SNES for hours and hours on comedowns with this mix in the background

travelling without moving, for those times you need to travel but need not move

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
Strangely, the Tories were in office when all of this gear came out, and similarly inept and hopeless (apart from passing the CJA, bastards)

it was the 90s. electronic music, advances in cybernetic systems, collective accessibility of hallucinogens and the like, black white and asian people really being forced to mix both in raves and on the shop floor due to capitalist labour competition and it really did feel like for some that sooner or later the contradictions would explode and a change was gonna come. Land misunderstood this as he didn't see the murder of the dead (or if he did he was truly a cyberpunk moron.) most others just burnt out.

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
2nd summer of love, hippies coming out of the woodwork, lsd & ecstasy as the main drugs, new musical technology, above mentioned mixing of races, coming out of the 80s..

recipe for a creative boom that could only last for so long. that generation grew up, started buying alessi orange juicers and listening to back to mine compilations with 4later on the tv. the comedown had to happen eventually one way or another.

humanity can't sustain it's brightest burning periods.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
2nd summer of love, hippies coming out of the woodwork, lsd & ecstasy as the main drugs, new musical technology, above mentioned mixing of races, coming out of the 80s..

recipe for a creative boom that could only last for so long. that generation grew up, started buying alessi orange juicers and listening to back to mine compilations with 4later on the tv. the comedown had to happen eventually one way or another.

humanity can't sustain it's brightest burning periods.

Your remarks in psychdrugs thread about kids now taking ket instead of psychs was interesting to me directly in relation to this thread

My mate that lives in Bristol said that all the kids there are doing coke now and looks like he is right https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/bristol-named-cocaine-capital-uk-1326394

I wonder how much of an effect (if any) LSD had on the jungle scene...

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
Quite a few people I've spoken with from back in the day from different parts of the UK tell me that before e really took off. Lsd was the main party drug. Also one thought that kept coming up during that last trip was how dumb I felt for my recent coke use. Polar opposites.

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
can't imagine it to be fun to hallucinate on the dancefloor? but maybe that's because everyone is now wearing all-black and clubs look like dungeons?

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
A lot of these raves (or so I think) were taking place in fields, weren't they? Very condusive to acid, especially when the sun was coming up.

Quite a few people I've spoken with from back in the day from different parts of the UK tell me that before e really took off. Lsd was the main party drug. Also one thought that kept coming up during that last trip was how dumb I felt for my recent coke use. Polar opposites.

Can confirm. Ecstasy took ages to penetrate into huge areas of the North & Midlands, 1992-93 rather than 88-90, but acid was always around. I'm sur there was plenty in Nottingham, Leeds and Manchester, but it didn't escape those larger cities until much later.

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
A lot of these raves (or so I think) were taking place in fields, weren't they? Very condusive to acid, especially when the sun was coming up.

if that's so then it makes sense yeh. expelled from the commons and pushed into the walled dungeons of capitalism then meant the end of utopianism in music. no more rising sun.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
acid was just as big around 91-93 from what ive been able to discern from older heads, if not even more so. and it was done in moody clubs as well, i don't see why that would be a problem?

It seems to have been replaced by E as the default drug all across the bord come 94 though.

and of course snowballs were closer to Acid than they were MDMA.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
I kind of dislike MDMA tbh. it only lasts for 2 hours max for me. I really don't see the point. 2 hours and then a crash. even if i do 500-700 mg.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I love pills. To state the obvious if there was no comedown I'd be double dropping every Friday night.

Alas.

Not sure what pills offer *imaginatively*. Acid has more going for it upstairs.

luka

Mdma gives you great interpersonal insights. It helped me get my dematerialisation thread off the ground. Acid helped me clarify the ideas but mdma helped me engage people. It's hard to do alone though cos you do crave company on it.

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
acid was just as big around 91-93 from what ive been able to discern from older heads, if not even more so. and it was done in moody clubs as well, i don't see why that would be a problem?

Totally different landscape now. We're living in the reality that was only being projected as sci-fi back then, except much weirder and more paranoid. Noone predicted the social media/smartphone axis. To the extent they've weaved their way into our lives at least. Most kids are too self aware, too highly strung be able to let go of the shit you need to for it to be ok to take acid in places that feel comfortable, never mind uncomfortable.

Last edited:

luka

During my bad trip on Thursday I genuinely thought we'd crossed a threshold and an inside was no longer possible. The walls of the sanctum demolished. Correspondingly, I felt an Outside was increasingly tenuous and for the vast majority of humans had already disappeared.