Collapse IV

nomadthethird

more issues than Time mag
This one is about horror. An interesting topic, and I like the Negarestani and Ligotti pieces.

But there are some strange statements in the first article about genetics. I can't quite decipher this:

Erm which recessive traits? What?

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
This one is about horror. An interesting topic, and I like the Negarestani and Ligotti pieces.

But there are some strange statements in the first article about genetics. I can't quite decipher this:

Erm which recessive traits? What?

It's all that stuff about the recessive gene and things

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Mendelian_traits_in_humans

I've never been totally clear on genetics though but that's what they're talking about in that Collapse I think. All of the Nation of Gods and Earths used to go on about it alot.

nomadthethird

more issues than Time mag
I figured they were talking about blond hair and blue eyes, but the ancient Aryans would not have had those. Neither would have ancient Indo-Europeans probably, right?

Anyway, the sentence, I just can't make sense of it. Maybe I'm just trying to read too much into it.

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
I figured they were talking about blond hair and blue eyes, but the ancient Aryans would not have had those. Neither would have ancient Indo-Europeans probably, right?

Anyway, the sentence, I just can't make sense of it. Maybe I'm just trying to read too much into it.

Don't tell anyone but I've a sneaking suspicion that the writer doesn't know what they're saying in that sentence either.

you

Corpse Bride -

I've read - albeit not in one sitting Reza Negarestanis 'Corpse Bride'

I kinda lost him in the last 4 or 5 pages. I understood the 1st necrosis, the 2nd necrosis as operating in a similar fashion ( but not the exact in and outs ( -'s & +'s ) and to the point whereby necroses 1 & 2 entangle as vectors and collide..... and thats where things got a lil blurry for me.

Could any one help me out and put me right or be willing to discuss these ideas - especially the 3 sets of 3 with regard to the bodies.....