Thread: Forgotten or lost or minor jungle classics 93-94

Waaaah!

Ridiculous tune.

So check this motherf***ing hyperthermic shit out, bwoy:

Quote Originally Posted by padraig (u.s.) View Post
    Luna-C's lone (& fantastic) stab at darkside:
    Holy crap that's good.

Quote Originally Posted by padraig (u.s.) View Post
    DMS & the Boneman X (associated w/Production House I think), this one really kicks in around the 2:25 mark:

That's a really different direction from any I've heard, especially from about 3:30 mins onwards. Pretty stunning.

Quote Originally Posted by Ach! View Post
    So check this motherf***ing hyperthermic shit out, bwoy:
    yes, liking that one very much!

this pascal & sponge tune is wicked too - pretty mental off-kilter breakbeat:

None of these are ever forgotten at my yard. It's nice to share

Perfect Saturday morning music. The ever-present MDMA really kicks in at 3.08..

My Dillinja percy, does weird and wonderful things with Kim Mazelle's "Useless".

Not sure if this is lost and it certainly wasn't minor in its day. Unfortunately this format simply can't convey the bass weight..
    Last edited by matmustard; 28-07-2009 at 11:28 AM.

holy shit! it's like "Finest Illusion" meets "Monarch of the Glenn"! it's like a mythical one-off between Oliver Lieb & Bizzy B! it's...it's...words fail me:

stunning atmospheric darkside from Mark Pritchard (who, seriously, is one of those dudes who seems like he can do no wrong) & Dom Fripp (who had some other darkside classics in collab w/Tango). I've no idea why this is so obscure. the Original Mix is even better:

yet another little-known Dillinja stormer - man he had some depth thru '93-95 there, seems like he made a whole mess of killer tunes - minor classics all - that no one heard before hitting it big w/all the Metalheadz stuff. the flip is great as well:

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnamon Carter View Post
    Is anyone familiar with 'Arkines Lost' by Canopy & Matrix? Brilliantly sinister track featuring one the most haunting vocal samples I've ever heard.

It was included in the 1994 segment of the 'Peelennium' but there's a real dearth of info. about the record and its producers on the web. Managed to download an MP3 but the dodgy sound quality suggests that the person who uploaded it owns a tape of the Peel show, not the 12" vinyl.
    I'm dead excited to see this one mentioned. Its been about number two on my ultimate wants list for aaagggees now. I must have heard it about three times on Peel, when it came out & then in the Peelennium. I even noted the address down at the time but it was one of those I never quite got round to sending the money for, bqack in my penniless student days...regret it now The EP is called "Rough Business" btw & it came out in '95.

I've recently been trying to kill off a good chunk of my wants list & dug the address out again & double-checked the info online...its a Wolverhampton one, from a label called Space, which is based at a recording studio that seems to still be there. The label has an entry on Discogs, but the record hasn't. They did stuff back a few years from this one & almost as soon as I twigged the label, I picked up a fairly ropey vocal breakbeat thing on it (with a beautiful company sleeve), in a shop not so far from me. Still no sign of this one though...I have innocently wondered if its an early one by the well-known Matrix chap, but I don't know enough about that era of the music & I would imagine that if it was, there'd be a bit more about it online by now. I've actually been thinking about ringing the studio/trekking down to the area for a little record hunt...how sad am I?!!

If you fancy posting the ropey MP3, I still haven't got a copy :-)

Amazing tune, and I guess a big one, that's fallen to a minor one, with the years. It will PUNISH you:

Intense, 'Journey to the Unknown'

First jungle record I paid money for, after a year or 2 of Rat Pack and Ellis Dee mix tapes circulating in school. This record changed my life. Absurd but true.

Run out already? Come on. Magic mushroom jungle, a forgotten subgenre:

ach! post some of your tunes on this.