Forgotten or lost or minor jungle classics 93-94

rivetrenuck

An Idea, Maybe Silly

Why doesnt someone take all the tracks from this thread and curate a massive Soul Jazz compilation of Forgotten Jungle 94-95?

I have even have an idea for a title, Soul Jazz Presents Lost inna di Jungle 94-95 :cool:

But seriously i would love to have this tracks on beutiful vinyls if possible with a little write so common with Soul Jazz releases.

mixed_biscuits

bob effect

somnambulist
Haha, I have a fantastic love/hate relationship with those CDs.

Volume 1 had some quality tunes on it including this one from Mark Ryder as Hackney Hardcore:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

catalog

Why doesnt someone take all the tracks from this thread and curate a massive Soul Jazz compilation of Forgotten Jungle 94-95?

I have even have an idea for a title, Soul Jazz Presents Lost inna di Jungle 94-95 :cool:

But seriously i would love to have this tracks on beutiful vinyls if possible with a little write so common with Soul Jazz releases.

or just do a mix on mixcloud? but call it soul jazz?

firefinga

The A side of this release is quite known - "Ganja Man", but I consider the B side great as well - embodies '94 Jungle very well. Very well executed breakbeat manipulation coupled with solid Reggae - "backbone"

firefinga

Another beauty, released on Back 2 Basics - which I consider to be a very underrated label. Lots of very good releases from them from 94-96

blissblogger

Camden Records

for years I've thought this was called "Gangster Lean" because that's how it's identified on a compilation, but in fact they seem to have mixed up the A-side and the AA side

"Treat Me Right" is a better title for the tender mood evoked by that slightly soppy John Barry / "Walkabout" string

nice use of the Beastie Boys sample there

firefinga

OK, the next one is actually from late '95

But defenitely worth mentioning, methinks:

an early Boymerang tune, very heavy track!