evanbbb

Tumbling Dice
I've rewritten a blurb about 5 times. Fuck it. Any thoughts?

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
Gay Pride for jocks. But you have to quote me if you use that.

Post up what you written tho and let's rewrite it, that'll be fun.

Last edited:

Leo

i watched all 14 minutes. i didn't want to, but i couldn't tear myself away. this says so much about america. after watching this video, you'll understand why sarah palin has any sort of political career.

stephenk

haha it isn't exactly jocks or red states...more upper midwest (though i'm sure it's spread outwards since i've lived there...)
i think it's what happens when postindustrial rust belt despondency, rather than being channeled into detroit techno or salem or three six mafia, is funneled into complete shit...like everything else has crumbled so why shouldn't our music...i don't know, it's this whole horrible subculture, seems like every town in WI, IL, MI has a couple.

culturally sad as it is, it's totally hilarious...love how he just throws in at the end "...and there's a lot of sex in the air too"

evanbbb

Tumbling Dice
"Its like the Muslims visiting mecca. Thats what it feels to be here." - Brilliant

All the best bits come after the music listing. Just seeing what these guys consider fun. Hay rides? Midway games? Midget wrestling? Pauly Shore? DJ Battles where "they don't really battle." It's so white trash. 8:06 is a perfect snapshot.

"Calling all fat kids - its time to get paid"

Aww Nein

Wild Palms
Vice magazine need to send a slim, patronising reporter to this to point out to everyone in the big cities how "crazy" the whole thing is.

i like the bit at the end, "people just like you". also quite glad that theres at least some black artists performing, was looking like it was gonna be entirely white metallers rapping for a bit there...

evanbbb

Tumbling Dice

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
They're Christians, which explains the slight wrongness of everything they're doing, which some people I know take as parody but it's not, it's Christianity.

mms

sometimes
christ i almost got conned into going to a christian festival when i was young by attractive girls, 'yeah its going to be a really cool festival ' check it out.. guest speaker nicky campbell, etc god.

nomos

Administrator
interesting how the guy and girl selling it are so dorky but that seems to be exactly their role: spokespeople that the target audience can identify with without feeling intimidated. it's like something from king of the hill come to life. also, oddly empathetic i guess.

"seminars? hell yeah, we got 'em!!"

hopper

this is priceless

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

zhao

there are no accidents
also what's interesting is the way the rest of the world looks at this, um, culture. kind of a depraved fascination with the depth of degradation. i certainly sometimes have a perverse curiosity about things like this... could NOT watch Gummo in its entirety though, that shit was fuggin gnarl-tastic. remember that one dude wrestling the plastic armchair. or the dead cat.

petergunn

plywood violin
Vice magazine need to send a slim, patronising reporter to this to point out to everyone in the big cities how "crazy" the whole thing is.

i like the bit at the end, "people just like you". also quite glad that theres at least some black artists performing, was looking like it was gonna be entirely white metallers rapping for a bit there...

"some black artists"? they got Scarface and Ice Cube, no? no slouches there...

but, yeah, yeah yeah, ICP...... i could post the picture of the Juggalo newborn funeral, but it's just sad and depressing..... they buried their stillborn in a casket w/ the ICP logo and then called up some ICP radio show to beg for free merch... oof...