Bjork?

Leo

i've never been able to get past her voice, it irritates/distracts me to the point where it obscures everything else for which she's so highly regarded (compositions, sound architecture, experimentation, etc.) feel like i've never been able to give her a fair listen, and i don't see that changing.

CrowleyHead

This new album is lovely and makes me feel emotions. I've already mentioned that her making "Homogenic" changed my life, so I can't wax on too much, but I certainly love the fact that I can love an album of hers again.

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
I used to find her really irritating, now I just find she's like a black hole that sucks the life out of everything. I have really tried, but she's everything I dislike about art.

mistersloane

What do you dislike about art? Serious question, not a booby trap

I don't dislike art. What I dislike about art is the void. I dislike conceptual distance; the void between thinking and execution. Alot of philosophers and artists and whatever have attempted to lexicate it as something that exists. It does, but not in the way that what they do happens. The void happens to them because they're DRY; the void as it is exists, exists, and is real, and Bjork will never, ever, know what it is.

So she should shut up, cos all she's ever done is sucked the life out of every media she's ever seen, and not in a goth way.

Last edited:

rubberdingyrapids

vespertine is my favourite of hers, the rest, i find a bit variable. the new one sounds great, i love those strings, but all the confessional-ness of it i find a bit offputting. not just cos critics love that stuff, but cos its a bit TOO personal at times and just seemed like someone sort of blurting everything on their mind out. but ive only heard it once so...

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
love homogenic, vespertine and the sugarcubes, but it's easy to see why the (seeming?) 'manneredness' of her music/persona annoys so many, and it wouldn't be a surprise if she turned out to be a performance artist from Berkshire who was just pretending to be Icelandic all along.

mistersloane

love homogenic, vespertine and the sugarcubes, but it's easy to see why the (seeming?) 'manneredness' of her music/persona annoys so many, and it wouldn't be a surprise if she turned out to be a performance artist from Berkshire who was just pretending to be Icelandic all along.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA