hardcore classics

padraig (u.s.)

a monkey that will go ape
Where's the female vocal sample 'lover to lover' from tho' ?

Maxi - Lover to Lover

hence (Maxi)mum Style. The entire tune is essentially Dego & Mac's jungle refix of the original. purely brilliant of course, like pretty much all the Tom & Jerry stuff, which may be my favorite jungle records ever. I dunno why those T & J records aren't like, 100x better known...they're like half the reason I voted for 4 Hero in the junglist auteur poll. a few other Tom & Jerry favorites:

Escape (love that Apocalypse Now sample)
Papillon Love Song
Yamming Snacks Like Shaggy
Sun On My Head

Client Eastwood

Maxi - Lover to Lover

hence (Maxi)mum Style. The entire tune is essentially Dego & Mac's jungle refix of the original. purely brilliant of course, like pretty much all the Tom & Jerry stuff, which may be my favorite jungle records ever. I dunno why those T & J records aren't like, 100x better known...they're like half the reason I voted for 4 Hero in the junglist auteur poll. a few other Tom & Jerry favorites:

Escape (love that Apocalypse Now sample)
Papillon Love Song
Yamming Snacks Like Shaggy
Sun On My Head

Yeah proper dons - The perfect balance of ying and yang pressure on that tune. I do wish they'd do come away from the noodley stuff of late.

Thats for the Maxi link.

edit : Bobby Humprey flute version

Feeling the love here too : )

Aside : Reading the comments this stuff is labelled as 2 step soul/boogie etc. I got some comps with a similar title which ive not listened to in ages, I'll have a digg around tonight.

Last edited:

Ory

warp drive
yeah that one's immense. it's still around on reissue vinyl afaik, copped one a while back.

Client Eastwood

Child - Were gonna wock ya
Man - Cmon Cmon
Spinback
Man - Fucking voodoo magic man
Woman - Theres a void where there shound be ecstacy sure feels good to me

Then it really kicks in. Lord of the Null Lines by Hyper on

mms

sometimes
i know its unconventional but i think this

'music takes me' is better than 'music takes you. ' the 95' remake kinda thing
the drums and shit on it are fucking incedible it sounds like its' all going to collapse, spiral out of control.

bob effect

somnambulist
Child - Were gonna wock ya
Man - Cmon Cmon
Spinback
Man - Fucking voodoo magic man
Woman - Theres a void where there shound be ecstacy sure feels good to me

Then it really kicks in. Lord of the Null Lines by Hyper on

The way that woman's vocal is used brings a tear to my eye it's so good. I am so glad I was 18 years old in 1992.

nomad

Insomnia - Nostalgic

Cloud 9 - Gonna Be Alright

Manix - Alright With Me

Wax Doctor - A New Direction

House Crew - We Are hardcore

I've been listening to a lot of stuff on the F Project label lately.. and have thoroughly enjoyed most if it...

This is a highlight...

Oz Beat.. Return of Oz Beat, (A)..

luka

me my friend who i used to listen to this stuff with obsessively at school have been trading memories actually and he hit me with this one which i had totally forgoteen about
pennywise