luka

this is very obvious but you cant go the whole thread without doing it

house crew

and this one

zero b

craner

Beast of Burden
Big in Portsmouth!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
Still gradually IDing tunes from that Tubby/Slimzee set like the sad the little fanboy that I am. Here's a couple of absolutely massive ones that I finally got names for:

The Good, 2 Bad and Hugly - You Know How To Love Me:

Tic Tac Toe - Ephemerol:

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
Plus a couple of random good 'uns I've come across on my Youtube travels -

4-Mega - Drop This:

DMS - Vengance:

(Totally odd mix of different elements on that one, but it works. Just when you think you know where it's going...)

I'm sure all 4 of the tunes I've just posted were very well-known at the time. But then that's sort of the point of the thread, recovering the old classics for people that were too young to get it first time.

craner

Beast of Burden
Big everywhere!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

andysays

not andy
The synth line used in this one sounds like the sort of thing Ikonika or Zomby would use today:

padraig (u.s.)

a monkey that will go ape
AGCG + Roy Ayers = absolute gold

I always rep for this tune

off their first 12" I don't think this one is so well-known

the best track off the Flowers In My Garden mini-LP

padraig (u.s.)

a monkey that will go ape
and this isn't really a hardcore tune but it's definitely a massive rave tune. I'm sure it was going down at warehouse parties in 1991 with early hardcore tunes anyway.

in my top 10 tracks ever, easily

continuum

smugpolice

continuum

smugpolice
sick

defining track

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
Apparently written by one half of Basement Jaxx

Yeah I saw that in the youtube comments. If that's the case then he must have started out pretty young, surely?
Here's another absolute cracker - early/proto-hardcore stuff.
Kicksquad - Soundclash (Hyper Mix):

If I played out that would be my opening tune. :)

cobretti

[-] :: [-] ~ [-] :: [-]
The synth line used in this one sounds like the sort of thing Ikonika or Zomby would use today:

Reminds me of Township Funk a little too.

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
Here's another one (seemingly well-known at the time) that I stumbled across the other day.
The Family Foundation - Xpress Yourself:

(How good is that, eh?)