Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How much music (that you actually want to listen to) do you get to a day?

Default How much music (that you actually want to listen to) do you get to a day?

Not talking about background music @ work, or when you hear some faint grime coming from the back of the bus. Im talking, in your element, lovely tunes you have picked, up at a nice level, listening...

How many hours? or how many hours you are not?

not enough. i cant really concentrate on work properly with music playing i find.

Usually all day, although most of the time it's just in the background. I tend to get jobs where I'm allowed to listen to music...

To be honest it's better when I can't listen to music all the time, makes it more valuable to me.

yea see I cant listen to music in my current job, which is acutally a blessing, because like gumdrops I cant really concentrate with it on.

The fucking fleshwaste who I was working with at my old job used to insist on having the radio on, either Radio 1 or Kiss 100.00 (sometimes even heart). Because she had come back to the company from a shipping line so she had a bag of chips all over her shoulder's, so I wasnt even allowed 1xtra from time to time...

Needless to say that job was quickly dissmissed..lasted about a year before I called her a fat cunt & left mind...

But that job actually used to make me think like "rr god, I hate you so much & everything you like, this is what is better!" you know? I used to go home & cry into my Burial E.P. & Hug flat eric....

Usually on the way to/from work on headphones, which is ~45-60min each way and 1-2 album lengths during the evening. Music at work is just too frustrating with too many interruptions and limited concentration.

well...

i work from 10 til 6ish so that's eight hours of music right there add to that and hour's worth of iPod on the train there and back so that's ten...

then about 2 or 3 hours worth when i'm on my laptop before bedtime

so pretty much all day long
    As I reminisce, never forgot when I was very broke/
    Had to shot the Heny straight, couldn't afford to cop the Cherry Coke...

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    Not talking about background music @ work, or when you hear some faint grime coming from the back of the bus. Im talking, in your element, lovely tunes you have picked, up at a nice level, listening...

How many hours? or how many hours you are not?
    Walk to work - 1/2 - headphone
    Sometime back home or bus - 1/2 - hp
    Usually 1 hour at home of on speakers
    Sometime I wake up early in the morning about 4 and cant sleep and have a listen for about 1 hour - hp

I can listen at work but it distracts me if I need to concentrate. If im writings docs im plugged in.

Id say about 3-4 hours on average.

one hour a day average, sometimes maybe two. usually at night, after dinner and before "the daily show with jon stewart."

sometimes it gets frustrating when you get a bunch of new music and don't have the time to listen to it all. i get all indecisive about what to play in the little time there is.

My only issue with music is I like to check out my recommended on Last.FM at least once a week... 'cause sometimes, they update with new artists, and it's bands/people I've been meaning to get into for years but never got around to. Or people I missed out on.

Rinse FM is on in my house basically whenever I'm doing something it wouldn't interfere with (watching telly, reading, etc.).

I can work and listen to iPod (I am doing it right now) but I can't read and listen to music simultaneously at all. Actually sometimes I find it hard to have conversations and listen to (good) music at the same time too. Both require too much attention.

Try continue having your conversation with someone when P Money's "Left The Room" comes on. It's not going to happen.

droid Guest

2-2 and 1/2 hours on the bus.
    6 or so hours in work.
    Headphones or radio when eating/cleaning etc...
    Used to do an hour or so mixing a night but only manage that once or twice a week now.

f-all tbh.

as well as reading dissensus i tend to listen to other peoples records in small spurts as an anecdote to producing. i've been wondering whether procurring all this music really is necesessary.

it does make more sense however after getting blatted and listening to music at considerable volume.

Too much basically. I listen to stuff I want to hear all day every day at work so try and give myself breaks to recalibrate my ears, for want of a better word.
    Ditching the ipod on the way to/from work helped loads in this respect.

6-10 hours.

Though occasionally thats one track on repeat all day if I'm really feeling it.

I've been listening to music ever since I woke up this morning at around 8am...it is a day off for me, but i'd say 9 hours is a healthy amount of music consumption.