ok what is up with embedding youtube

zhao

there are no accidents
sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

i've just copied the code from another post, in which embedding works perfectly, and pasted into another, and it doesn't work.

anyone else have this????

massrock

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Seems to work. Is it something to do with needing to have some actual content in the post as well?

zhao

there are no accidents
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Seems to work. Is it something to do with needing to have some actual content in the post as well?

so it's not the only in music thing then... and i had a lot of other content in the post which would not allow embedding.

zhao

there are no accidents
maybe it's only Events forum that does not allow yootoob? if so not sense much it makes?

zhao

there are no accidents
Is it a forum message?

You can disable the embed functionality in YouTube for a video.

no when i pasted in the embed code in a post it shows up as that - the embed html code.

i no wanna disabled! i want enabled!

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
embedding youtube is a minor problem...it now appears I can't log out of Dissensus...I reappear logged in everytime I retype the web address...which means my virtual self...is stuck here forever...

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps

Hahaha, thanks so much, that is fucking amazing! :D Thing is, the rest of the band sound like fucking Led Zeppelin or something compared to the singer...and that's saying nothing about their choice of song.

I love the way the 'related videos' list is all stuff called 'Worst [band/song/guitarist/singer] Ever'.

Edit: oh my days...it's like a Special Ed class but they're all in their 30s:

Last edited:

massrock

Hahaha, thanks so much, that is fucking amazing! :D Thing is, the rest of the band sound like fucking Led Zeppelin or something compared to the singer...and that's saying nothing about their choice of song.
I quite liked the Casiotone keyboard sound he was using.

Leo

It works in the music forum and nowhere else (afaik).

doesn't even work in the music forum for me now. never had a problem before but just get a hot link instead of the embed everywhere now.

sufi

lala
looks like you need to take the s off the https link when you're embedding

e.g.

Code:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOxeFHRLKoE

not

Code:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOxeFHRLKoE

sufi

lala

HAHA!

I've installed a plugin so that youtube links (including https) are automatically transformed into embeds!

So now here's no need to use the button at all

looks like it works OK?

nice one!

Last edited:

Numbers

Would there be a way to add Bandcamp embeds as well?

I ask reluctantly, because I prefer discussion to endless threads with only Youtube or soundcloud clips. But I find myself browsing and listening ever more to stuff on Bandcamp and I think they're becoming/being really relevant.