television

Immryr

Then he tries to imply that the "majority effect" on accurate estimations in psychology is somehow to do with collective 'will power'.

nah he didn't, the coin thing he originally said was to prove the will power effect, then he said actually that's bollocks, it's deep maths. he introduced the 'majority effect' thing later. but yeah, the program was dull. the subliminal film one should be better, i reckon.

BareBones

wheezy
only watched the first one so far, but i thought the cube was so good. I can't believe tasks such as walking in a straight line and counting to ten form the basis of a prime-time saturday night show.
and they give all the tasks such awesomely disproportionate cool-sounding names, eg the one where they just have to pick up balls and put them in a jar was called MULTISPHERE

and what is the point of the cube anyway? why do all of these tasks have to be done inside a cube?

matt b

Indexing all opinion
and what is the point of the cube anyway? why do all of these tasks have to be done inside a cube?

WHAT? You can't question the cube. It Just Is.

Saturday's was the best yet.

Some bloke after catching a ball (or balancing a ball. or throwing a ball, I can't remember): "That is harder than any Royal Marine training"

BareBones

wheezy
they don't do any tasks that utilise the actual properties of a cube though. all the tasks performed could be done just as easily in, say, a pyramid.

matt b

Indexing all opinion
they don't do any tasks that utilise the actual properties of a cube though. all the tasks performed could be done just as easily in, say, a pyramid.

Sloping walls are a health and safety hazard and should therefore, be banned.

allegiant

Evenly Distributed
Some bloke after catching a ball (or balancing a ball. or throwing a ball, I can't remember): "That is harder than any Royal Marine training"

Apart from the brief glimpse of his upper arms, I struggled to believe that chap was a Royal Marine. Almost every time he opened his whiney and confused mouth, he gave the impression that he was suffering from a crippling inferiority complex. Initially I'd assumed he was a recovering alcoholic or a youth worker.

matt b

Indexing all opinion
Apart from the brief glimpse of his upper arms, I struggled to believe that chap was a Royal Marine. Almost every time he opened his whiney and confused mouth, he gave the impression that he was suffering from a crippling inferiority complex. Initially I'd assumed he was a recovering alcoholic or a youth worker.

That's what happens in The Cube. It would turn Andy McNabb into a happy clappy counsellor

matt b

Indexing all opinion

Actually, I felt that that bloke had a delusional amount of self-confidence. Until he stopped when his wife told him too- All he had to do was throw/catch/balance a ball. The bottler

allegiant

Evenly Distributed
Actually, I felt that that bloke had a delusional amount of self-confidence

Even when he began spluttering something piteous about not being an above average man?

I thought his attempt at bravado was simply a poorly constructed defence mechanism, shielding his otherwise tragic and diffident persona.

If anyone was suffering from delusional self-confidence it was that repugnant mong from Selsdon, who having stated that she was ultra competitive and would not lose, then proceeded to fuck up the immeasurably complex task of catching a small red ball - 4 times in a row.

empty mirror

remember the jackalope
whoa. fake Big Brother bust in Instanbul. nine women held captive against their will, streaming internet video to paying subscribers!
this is the plot of demon lover, no?

don_quixote

Trent End
oh my god i know people singing badly on x factor is popular, but the restuarant is prime for utter shitness in the early rounds. it's like the apprentice but has extreme upper class incompetence. a bank manager just tried to open a tin with a large knife and a rolling pin. a couple tried to buy gravlax in asda, but settled for asda price smoked salmon instead.

and the concepts are mental. picnic food in a restuarant!!!

massrock

I don't watch television much if I can help it but I will occasionally dip into the iPlayer when in need of some easy distraction. So I don't know much of what's on and what the standards are, but, and this will doubtless epater le refined sensibilities of the average dissentioid, ...Top Gear, has this actually become something really good over the last few seasons? I mean obviously it represents all sorts of things I would under most circumstances claim to be strongly opposed to but it's just so entertaining. The 'review' skits are often really imaginative and the rapport between the presenters seems uncommonly good at this point. No really, I can't imagine there have been many better TV moments this year than the pretend slow motion crash test dummies thing in a car called Geoff, Jeremy Clarkson with comedy cock and balls drawn on his face. Or maybe I was just in a dark place. :eek:

matt b

Indexing all opinion
I don't watch television much if I can help it but I will occasionally dip into the iPlayer when in need of some easy distraction. So I don't know much of what's on and what the standards are, but, and this will doubtless epater le refined sensibilities of the average dissentioid, ...Top Gear, has this actually become something really good over the last few seasons? I mean obviously it represents all sorts of things I would under most circumstances claim to be strongly opposed to but it's just so entertaining. The 'review' skits are often really imaginative and the rapport between the presenters seems uncommonly good at this point. No really, I can't imagine there have been many better TV moments this year than the pretend slow motion crash test dummies thing in a car called Geoff, Jeremy Clarkson with comedy cock and balls drawn on his face. Or maybe I was just in a dark place. :eek:

Nothing more entertaining than taking cars worth over £300,000 to the most impoverished places in the former eastern bloc and then taking the piss out of historically oppressed ethnic minorities whilst there. LOfuckingL

Last edited:

don_quixote

Trent End
every week, university challenge. the hardest quiz show on television and hence also the most satisfying. replete with freaks, goons, bloods, wastoids, dweebies and dickheads.

Leo

Watched the first episode of "Humans", was ok but kind of stilted and predictable.

Much better was "Mr. Robot", just started last week on USA Network about a young hacker, worth checking out. Not as cliched as those types of stories often are, the kid in the lead is pretty good.

http://www.usanetwork.com/mrrobot