Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Road Rap

Put 'Gwop Up' from Wooly @ Heart on the primer Slackk!

This is good

I really like it cos I stopped listening to hiphop cos of the accent after grime, but, y'know, I really liked D-Block and Diplomats and all that, so it works well for me as daytime music. It's massive with the 8 year olds on buses round SE16.

Quote Originally Posted by slackk View Post
    Nah there isn't a John Wayne CD yet. If you're looking for other stuff to cop, any S.I tape, Page's CD, Pak-Man "From Grams To Grands", the Big Ryde comp "Cut Above The Rest", the rerelease of Dubz' Ard Doe is much better than the original, Joe Grind's thing, any of the Blackgang Broadway stuff...
    Ta, I will go and buy those on the weekend.

This lot are from round my way. It sounds like they used the same preset as Danny Weed for one of the instruments.

I'd be interested in that CD slackk

Within a year Giggs will have Calvin Harris, Lily Allen and Chris Martin of Coldplay standing in the background of his videos with black hoods up gesticulating menacingly.

This was bound to happen as a reaction to fassy house. Will be around for a long time as an alternative to Grime for those that dont like that. Will never be as big as Grime though.

so is this an exclusively south-east london thing? and is it a completely different scene from grime or do they bleed into each other (i saw skepta and giggs had a tune together, but that doesn't really count given giggs' profile)

Liking the youtube stuff. Is SN1 a physical shop?

I could never really get into Diplomats, it's all seemed really lame and chugging, but maybe I should reinvestigate? The albums are pretty patch aren't they?

Quote Originally Posted by baboon2004 View Post
    so is this an exclusively south-east london thing? and is it a completely different scene from grime or do they bleed into each other (i saw skepta and giggs had a tune together, but that doesn't really count given giggs' profile)
    skepta counts as 'real' cos of his wanker friends, I'd like to know how Little Dee or Dot Rotten get on with all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Corpsey View Post
    I'd be interested in that CD slackk
    Seconded

Quote Originally Posted by Elijah View Post
    This was bound to happen as a reaction to fassy house. Will be around for a long time as an alternative to Grime for those that dont like that. Will never be as big as Grime though.
    Yeah, its not club music is it. I have it on at work or on the bus. It is all you hear coming out of cars, flats, mobile phones and on the backseat of the bus in South London though.

edit: Track 9 did get played in clubs quite a bit when it came out.

@STN yeah its Unit 24, 48 rye lane market, Peckham. They also sell the cd's at Reckless which I think is in East Ham?, Dark N Cold in Soho or UK Recordshop online.
    Last edited by Simon78; 26-08-2009 at 12:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by STN View Post
    get into Diplomats, it's all seemed really lame and chugging, but maybe I should reinvestigate? The albums are pretty patch aren't they?
    Yeah very patchy, Diplomatic Immunity was the big one (I really mean it!), but there were good tracks by Cam'ron and Juelz Santana as well. Jim Jones was weak. I like the Purple City stuff, other Harlem stuff coming out at the time : Paris to Purple City is good, mainly for the beats and the fact it's got French rappers on it. This is so great

"We speaking French, you heard me motherfucker?!"

Dipset and French rap is a good fit - both have that bombastic element, seemingly the same with this SE London stuff too.

i need to hear more of this really.

giggs i think is actually a bit crap but strangely compulsive. cant quite put my finger on it.

its not just d block/dipset, its jeezy, TI and all that too. esp with the beats.

ive heard more teenagers blasting this than i ever heard grime on buses/from phones.

Quote Originally Posted by baboon2004 View Post
    "We speaking French, you heard me motherfucker?!"

Dipset and French rap is a good fit - both have that bombastic element, seemingly the same with this SE London stuff too.
    Like Meth said on Ice Cream "Oui Oui motherfucker, and all that good shit"

Love it when Americans do French, it makes my tummy tickle.

Has anybody alerted the Daily Mail yet?

s.london is such a fucking weird twilight zone. it feels like a differnt city. a more parochial paranoid one.