luka

i watched that scouse thing just to have a laugh but actually thought it was good.
morrisson come out of prison, sampled wiley and got 300,000 views in a week. still cant rap.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I feel like Aystar can rap but his accent ruins it. Guess it's regional bias but it sounds weirder to me to hear a scouser using US rap slang than a guy from Brixton. Maybe an insight, then, into how weird it must sound for an American hearing a London rapper using US slang.

CrowleyHead

It only takes someone as devoid of personality as Fekky to really enhance why 67 are so good despite regurgitating hashtags, because when you're the kind of person who is very blatantly pronouncing the # bit and not the word, you know they're trash.

forclosure

anybody here ever watched any of those DARDEST TV interviews?

they remind me ALOT of those old NY mixtape dvd interviews for better and for glaringly worse :

i quite like Mist he's like Abra Cadabra in that they both have this gravely sense of weight in their voices

luka

Yeah slackk put me on to those a while back. He's so crushingly tactless it's painful.

forclosure

what makes it worse is that it's trying so hard to go for this "this is whats happening on the streets" kind of vibe

The most recent one with Jaja Soze is interesting if your curious about South london gang shit and Jaja does most of the talking

but yeah the fact that the guy hosting it has no tact just sours the whole thing

Pearsall

Prodigal Son
Enjoying this at the moment:

Benny Banks feat. SRG - Molly

OK, I'm sure that it's bad form to resurrect posts from years ago, but I just saw this and thought it was pretty sad. Almost 30 years of a glorious tradition of British ecstasy-related slang, and these guys had to use the most cringingly dumb American slang word for MDMA? For shame.

sadmanbarty

The more interesting US rap from the last 3 years has been derived from doing novel and innovative things with auto tune and vocal delivery. UK rap's suffered for not doing. This is a step in the right direction: