Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2735363738 LastLast

Thread: Road Rap

Such a weird job there.

The most aggro tracks i've heard tonight

anybody more familiar with Rendo or them SMG guys?

Taze was saying some vile stuff on this track gave me some Devilman "End up in trouble" flashbacks and that's the last track i really wanna think about again

3. The Following User Says Thank You to WebEschatology For This Useful Post:

Last edited by Glacial 718; 01-02-2017 at 11:14 PM. Reason: ✌️
    hmm, yes

Quote Originally Posted by WebEschatology View Post
    1. What were the tracks? 2. 'Tonight'?

'I'm the high roller, bi-polar in the fly motor' is so British, the bathetic slump from 'fly' to 'motor'

Also it's quite catchy

Nines has nigh-on zero charisma as far as I can tell but he does have some memorable bars.

'Me and the gang coming like some Arabs / spending all this crack money up in Harrods'.

Nines album is out:

My remarks re: Nines above still apply.

It's weird this sort of anti-charisma thing these UK rappers have got going now. That delivery like they don't really care. Maybe it plays into the 'I'm not a rapper I'm a trapper' thing.

'Trapper of the Year' is a banger though.

Quote Originally Posted by Corpsey View Post

It's weird this sort of anti-charisma thing these UK rappers have got going now. That delivery like they don't really care. Maybe it plays into the 'I'm not a rapper I'm a trapper' thing.
    Nah, they just don't sound like Grime which is a lot of effort. The greatest Giggs quote of all time was that one interview where he described Grime as "A lot of guys doing a lot but not saying much, not REALLY". It works best when you imagine it in his voice.

Of course now my man's career exists to be subsidized by grime festival bookings so...

Nines sounds like he's talking rather than rapping.

Admittedly this is better than that Jehst/Chester P thing of emoting as if you're about to cry.

Also to be fair, have you heard a Rakim song of late? The delivery's there but 'effort' is not always something you can describe Rakim as performing.

[QUOTE=Corpsey;334922]1. What were the tracks? 2. 'Tonight'?

Them two tracks i posted also yeah by "tonight" i mean by the most aggro tunes i heard that night i was going through a bunch of different tracks

Quote Originally Posted by WebEschatology View Post

I like this, refreshing to hear British rappers yelling a bit like in the grime days.

Quote Originally Posted by slackk View Post

Loved this when the video first dropped. Beat is disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    Muffled, softened voices with none of East London's angularity. Think about the combination of grime rhythms and East London voices. The strangeness of it. Rhythms like a climbing frame, and voices finding all sorts of ways to clamber over, in and around them. Then contrast that to the mumbling of road rap. A flat plane. A Man plodding through a swamp. In a balaclava.
    My favourite music writer

The big dog on UK rap

The Yanks got introduced to road rap en masse last night through Giggs features on "More Life". Unsurprisingly, they think he's shit.

TBH although I do like Giggs, I do still think of him as a bit of a novelty rapper. So to an American he presumably sounds ridiculous. But then, not so long ago rap from outside New York was basically considered less credible and even a joke, wasn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Corpsey View Post
    TBH although I do like Giggs, I do still think of him as a bit of a novelty rapper.
    Why do you think that? He's pretty much killed everything he's been on for the past couple of years.