luka

its that nice undulant, tensed, muscular waveform flow, the curves on it. that's the appeal to me. the modulations. like from 3.56 in the kenny allstar thing.

the voice is a bit... is it adenoidal? there's something a bit off about it, probably from the effort
of faking the bass or whatever.. but otherwise i like

sadmanbarty

Honestly don't see the appeal of Unknown T yet.

i'm not that keen. it's a bit of a throwback, the same attitude to melody as maxwell d or k2 family (though the melodies are more african). the tone of voice is off too, it doesn't sit comfortably within drill beats. it's too much foreground.

sadmanbarty

i just cant get into flatness as a virtue. the flat uninflected line. i cant do it.

that's a bit of a revelation for me. it's the crux that delineates those who like drill from those who don't; it's whether the rhythmic dynamism of the flows is enough variation or not.

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
Pretty sure man mugged me when he was 5. Kingsmead Estate was fuckin terrifyling.You have NO idea. Homerton was FUCKING scary 15 years ago.

luka

ive had barti round just now giving me some proper hard lesson about how this stuff works musically.
my head is pulsing and confused.

luka

i was trying to manuvere him into a fight about it with david drake, some american guy that love chicago drill and was saying uk drill is just a rip-off but barti actually gets very shy sometimes and he backed out of it.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Funny thing is I think Drake gets (righteously) angry with outsiders simplifications of Chicago drill but is liable to make the same simplifications about UK drill. I think for him it's like the UK is getting the credit Chicago deserves.

I think this happened with absolutely everybody towards absolutely everything because nobody has the time to devote to everything.

Judge not
Lest ye be judged

sadmanbarty

i was trying to manuvere him into a fight about it with david drake, some american guy that love chicago drill and was saying uk drill is just a rip-off but barti actually gets very shy sometimes and he backed out of it.

what more did you want from me?:

CrowleyHead

It's so bizarre to watch him bring up the 18 year old bars and they're still better than all his terrible rapping, even for Drill.