Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2937383940 LastLast

Thread: Road Rap

Really like this guy AM. I quite like the standard issue monotone road rap style but it's guys with standout voices like AM, LD, Abra and of course Giggs who really stick out.

(a quick review of the recent pages in this thread show me slagging off both LD and Giggs lol)

As a wise man once said "They hated on Jesus too..."

The 410 camp in particular are picking drums that are incredibly irregular, that one "Diligent" tune someone posted here not too long ago and compared to jungle vibes was not surprisingly far off? As MCs they don't do much with that but it shows just how much more rhythmically complex the Road Rappers of this generation are. A bunch of them are the kids of grime in fact, so it makes sense that compared to the stiffness of Giggs they're demonstrating a comparative looseness.

Mazzamurda, who did a bunch of 410 stuff did this 86 (a crew loosely affiliated with 67) tune, and its crazy how the 86 kids have a sense of rhyming alongside not the drum pattern but to the drum embellishments that Mazza loves to try. Whereas just a year before that, most of the rappers are rapping to the 'grooves' of the orchestral sample bits.

Example

And if you don't believe the connection to grime for this generation of road rap's there... Lemme tell you

https://twitter.com/Scribz6ix7even/s...75380136456192
    OH IT'S THERE.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to luka For This Useful Post:

Mike Skinner from The Streets goes to Thornton Heath.

Truly interesting how they tried to get a diverse collection of subjects to interview beyond obvious names. Though I imagine those are also people who have relationships with Noisey (specifically Section Boyz).

Also, he tries bless his heart, but people ragging on Mike Skinner's Bedtime Story voice are hilariously righteous.

edit .
    london nigga timeline
    @skiptomyloucini

[QUOTE=CrowleyHead;338545]As a wise man once said "They hated on Jesus too..."

"The 410 camp in particular are picking drums that are incredibly irregular, that one "Diligent" tune someone posted here not too long ago and compared to jungle vibes was not surprisingly far of"

Yeah that was me

are you guys aware of the unreal amount of podcasts there are now coming from the uk scene(s), shining light on old legends, behind the scenes working and such and such and such

if not make yourselves aware or i will post links when i get to work.

(when i say scenes i mean grime, funky, rap etc)
    london nigga timeline
    @skiptomyloucini

we're a real infrastructure and some respectable journalism away from having a legitimate problem on our hands imo

then again

ive been wrong in the past
    london nigga timeline
    @skiptomyloucini

Quote Originally Posted by CrowleyHead View Post
    that one "Diligent" tune someone posted here not too long ago and compared to jungle vibes was not surprisingly far off?
    I was making that comparison way back in January, but I suppose geniuses aren't always appreciated in their own time.

Quote Originally Posted by sadmanbarty View Post
    Folk memories of jungle

hold on

uk rappers and producers who grew up around jungle have traces of jungle in their music?

well ill say
    london nigga timeline
    @skiptomyloucini

links please trilliam ^

links please trilliam ^

links please trilliam ^