Quote Originally Posted by CORP$EY View Post
    Classic dissensus

Genre dismissed with caricature

Genre defended with recourse to Brian Eno

one hundred and eighty!!!
    snmbsm
    @italkenoughshitonhere

2. The Following User Says Thank You to trilliam For This Useful Post:

lol nah i approve of you i liked it when you were terrorising everyone before you got mellow in your old age it was well funny

4. The Following User Says Thank You to luka For This Useful Post:

likewise fam

i recall that time fondly tbf lmao

early twenties working nightshift security whilst vehemently arguing about the merits of this game changing genre that would be euthanized by the years end

music is passionate like that, some of the things posted on the last two pages here are stoking the old flames of rage but its a different time now

/

what did u think of the writing, skewer me pls
    snmbsm
    @italkenoughshitonhere

if im being critical i would say i'd want to hear more of you in it. it's difficult because obviously you're not writing for yourself and people expect a neutral, journalistic voice but at the same time to stand out it has to have a distinctive personality and character. you dont want to be writing like youre sucking up to the teacher or it feels unnatural. at the same time you dont want to be writing like you;re talking to your mates becasue that ends up sounding forced as well. tricky thing to get right.
    your big advantage is always going to be knowing what youre talking about though and not being corny and youre not going to lose that.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to luka For This Useful Post:

basically your job is to make sure no one ever has to read a 'guide to uk drill' by toby the youth worker ever again. that's your responsibility.

9. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to luka For This Useful Post:

serious food for thought and appreciated as well

that last point is one of my only reasons for doing this and is going on my twitter headboard if it fits
    snmbsm
    @italkenoughshitonhere

Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    basically your job is to make sure no one ever has to read a 'guide to uk drill' by toby the youth worker ever again. that's your responsibility.
    lolll

Enjoying this Cairns Hill album/compilation(?) thingy (as featured on warm n easy, not able to access the article on my work computer though)

I like this guy K Trap
    Last edited by CORP$EY; 07-02-2018 at 02:46 PM.

2 spanners with 1000 nails
    i feel like a handyman

I have no idea what this means but it sounds good

excuse me, W&E wrote about another album by Carns Hill 'The Blueprint' http://www.warmneasy.com/features/al...ill-blueprint/

Wondering if there are sound-memes or whatever the hell you'd call it in road rap as there were in grime - sounds that one producer uses that become a craze for a while?

Also, there are some interesting voices on these compilations - not the stereotypical emotionally stunted teenager voices

Nana Dams e.g.

Last edited by CORP$EY; 07-02-2018 at 03:11 PM.

i know luka's been missing masculine voices. have a listen to the 1st track.

yeah thats a kid putting on a deep voice it's not the real old testament rockstone. you can tell cos it doesnt have the lungs in it. same as abra. i blame giggs. rikos got the real one but hes about 40 years old now.

have you not heard riko speak?

he sounds like a choirboy

Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    i blame giggs.
    It's the masked kid from 67, LD, more likely. He's got that Man In The Iron Mask face and the super deep voice even though he's 26 or so, constantly delivers every line like he's preaching something of more value than shooting people. Everyone else goes for menacing snarls or whatever and it's very much nerd put ons when you hear their actual voices but with him it's literally just having a perfect voice for rap (meanwhile everyone else in the crew usually sounds like a teenager who got drunk and pushed into a both by his mates. You can literally tell on that first tape that guys were rapping for the very first time there.)

probably right tbf. we'll let you off giggs.